Test Data Manager

• 1.  Error in using Find And Reserve

Posted Nov 09, 2017 02:37 PM

We recently upgraded to 4.3 version. I am trying to use Find and Reserve functionality using Portal. 

I have created an environment having 3 connection profiles(data source). Then while creating data model, i get error  "Server encountered an error processing the request"while defining model key.

Can someone help. thanks !

• 2.  Re: Error in using Find And Reserve
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 02:44 PM

Shivani,

Could you please share details on the databases you are using for the data sources? You could look at the below link to see what is currently supported.

Configure Dynamic Test Data Reservation Service - CA Test Data Manager - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If you still need more info, please raise a support ticket so that they can look into it further.

Thanks,

Anil

• 3.  Re: Error in using Find And Reserve

Posted Nov 09, 2017 02:49 PM

Its Db2. 

• 4.  Re: Error in using Find And Reserve

Posted Nov 09, 2017 02:51 PM

Hi Shivani, 

I was unable to find information on this error message from any previous cases. Can you please open a support case so that we can troubleshoot this further? It would be helpful if you could provide the following information:

- Enable debugging, recreate the issue, and provide resulting log file. Directions to enable debugging: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1254734.html 

- Steps to reproduce the issue with screenshots. 

- Was this previously working in TDM 4.2?

- What is the database and version for your data sources/connection profiles?

Once we have this information, we can investigate further. 

Best regards,

Taylor

• 5.  Re: Error in using Find And Reserve

Posted Nov 10, 2017 04:23 PM

HI Taylor

I have opened case #00890452.

Also below are details asked :

- Enable debugging, recreate the issue, and provide resulting log file. Directions to enable debugging: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1254734.html 

Added to case

- Steps to reproduce the issue with screenshots. 

Added to case

- Was this previously working in TDM 4.2?

We migrated directly from 4.1 to 4.3 and the functionality was not there in 4.1

- What is the database and version for your data sources/connection profiles?

SQL Server and DB2

thanks !

• 6.  Re: Error in using Find And Reserve

Posted Nov 12, 2017 11:38 AM

Hi Shivani, 

Thank you for opening a support case. dovle01 will reach out to you on Monday and we will investigate further. We will post the resolution here once the case is closed. 

Best regards,

Taylor