Service Virtualization

• 1.  Portal URL DNS Problem

Posted Nov 10, 2017 07:23 AM

Hello Team,

I am facing one issue. I am having Dev Test installed on once machine and able to login into portal using

http://APPXAV05AC:1507/devtest/#/main URL but when I am trying to connect to portal from another machine
    then I have to give IP address instead of DNS name i.e I am giving http://<IP Address>:1507/devtest/#/main.

How I can sort out this issue?

Please advise.

Cheers..
    Shivam Garg

• 2.  Re: Portal URL DNS Problem

Posted Nov 10, 2017 09:43 AM

Hi,

Just a thought. Try with the complete DNS name.  Instead of APPXAV05AC give APPXAV05AC .Domain.com:1507/devtest/#/main

Regards,

Shivakumar.

• 3.  Re: Portal URL DNS Problem

Posted Nov 10, 2017 09:46 AM

Hello,

Usually, this is a name resolution problem on the client side. On your client, open a terminal or cmd box and test if the server name APPXAV05AC resolves to an IP address. Use 'nslookup APPXAV05AC', for instance. On your first client, this command will (likely) resolve to an IP address, while on your second client it won't (likely).

• 4.  Re: Portal URL DNS Problem

Posted Nov 10, 2017 10:02 AM

yes might be.

but when I am using lisa-invoke method to execute test suite, I am getting one tag <reportURL> which is only giving APPXAV05AC name in URL of portal where we can see status of test cases which got passed or failed.

how we can change that URL which is coming in in response when using lisa-invoke?

Any idea. Please check screen shot above.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 5.  Re: Portal URL DNS Problem

Posted Nov 10, 2017 10:10 AM

Please verify that the client system cannot resolve the host name. I recommend fixing the name resolution problem on your client system. If you cannot update the DNS server, as a workaround, try and update the local etc/hosts accordingly.

• 6.  Re: Portal URL DNS Problem

Posted Nov 13, 2017 01:33 AM

Hello Ulrich,

how and where we can modify local etc/hosts so that when we are going to invoke url we will get I.P. address instead of DNS name?

Please suggest.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 7.  Re: Portal URL DNS Problem

Posted Nov 13, 2017 04:26 AM

Ulrich,

I have tried this by changing host file available in C->Windos->System32->etc->hosts post this I restarted the machine as well. Unfortunately it is not working again.

Also would like to ask, what properties in lisa installation directory, we can modify so that we can get IP address in response when using lisa-invoke.

Please let me know.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 8.  Re: Portal URL DNS Problem
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 13, 2017 04:51 AM

Sorry, Shivam, I am not aware of a property setting in DevTest to workaround a name resolution issue on that client. I recommend talking to your network administrator to assist with fixing the network configuration problem. Assuming that you changed C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, did you verify that the name that you entered in etc\hosts resolves in command prompt (by executing 'ping APPXAV05AC', for instance)? If that's the case the name should should resolve in browser, too.

Regards,

Ulrich