Test Data Manager

• 1.  Can CA test management tool support public cloud data base

Posted Nov 13, 2017 01:56 AM

Can CA test management tool support public cloud data base ? IF Yes, please share some link to learn. Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Can CA test management tool support public cloud data base

Posted Nov 13, 2017 08:48 AM

I am moving this question to our TDM community page here: CA Test Data Manager 

• 3.  Re: Can CA test management tool support public cloud data base
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 13, 2017 08:58 AM

Hi Sushanta, 

The main challenge with deploying to the cloud is having the ability to establish a connection to the target database which can support sufficient traffic. 

I think some internal CA users have TDM (Test Data Manager) installed on our devcloud.ca.com servers, which is very much the same concept. I don't know of anyone installing TDM on Microsoft Azure or any other cloud platforms though. 

We have received this answer from development regarding using TDM/Fast Data Masker and the cloud: TDM can connect to databases on cloud and do the masking as long as you have network connection and supported database. However, network latency will delay the masking performance. It is always recommended to install FDM closer to your database, in this case in the cloud. Meaning, it would be better if you can also install FDM on the cloud to run the masking.

Here are our current system requirements and supported data sources:

Supported Data Sources - CA Test Data Manager - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

System Requirements - CA Test Data Manager - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If you would like to hear more about using TDM with cloud environments or how to implement this in your own environment, I would suggest reaching out to your CA Account Manager and they can find a resource to help you with this. If you don't know who your account manager is, you can call 1-800-225-5224 and our customer care team can tell you. 

Best regards,

Taylor