DX NetOps

• 1.  How to generate "chassis contact lost" alarms in spectrum from past 45days.

Posted Nov 14, 2017 02:07 AM

Hi,

Can anybody help me how to generate "chassis contact lost" alarms in spectrum from past 45days.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Santhosh Adapa.

• 2.  Re: How to generate "chassis contact lost" alarms in spectrum from past 45days.

Posted Nov 14, 2017 06:18 AM

Hi Santosh,

I don't think you would be able to get a list of Chassis Down Alarms for the last 45 days (including the cleared alarms).

Perhaps, you could try to search for the event 0x10f69 which generates Critical Alarm for Chassis Down for the last 45 days to know the count of Chassis Down Alarm following the below procedure:

On your SpectroSERVER, navigate to $SPECROOT/mysql/bin directory from command prompt

Logon to mysql by typing the following:

mysql.exe --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot -proot ddmdb -A (For Windows)

./mysql --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot -proot ddmdb -A (For Non Windows)

Now, to find the occurrences for the event 0x10f69 for the last 45 days, i.e. from midnight of 1st Oct 2017 till  5PM, 14th Nov 2017, in our case, type:

SELECT hex(model_h), count(*) as c from ddmdb.event where utime > UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2017-10-01 00:00:00') and utime < UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2017-11-14 17:00:00') and type=0x10f69 group by hex(model_h) order by c desc;

You would now see the number of occurrences for the event 0x10f69 with its model handle. Example from my in-house box:

+--------------+----+
    | hex(model_h) | c |
    +--------------+----+
    | 1000CD | 24 |
    | 10006E | 5 |
    +--------------+----+
    2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Best Regards,
    Hamza

• 3.  Re: How to generate "chassis contact lost" alarms in spectrum from past 45days.

Posted Nov 14, 2017 08:20 AM

Hi Hamza,

we have tried the above command in the following way and did not get the expected output. Please check below and upadate us to proceed.

bash -login

ServerName%/d/Spectrum
    > cd mysql
    Servername%/d/Spectrum/mysql
    > cd bin
    Servername%/d/Spectrum/mysql/bin
    > mysql.exe --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot -proot ddmdb -A
    Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MySQL connection id is 8
    Server version: 5.5.53-enterprise-commercial-advanced-log MySQL Enterprise Serve
    r - Advanced Edition (Commercial)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2016, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
    affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
    owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> SELECT hex(model_h), count(*) as c from ddmdb.event where utime > UNIX_TI
    MESTAMP('2017-10-01 00:00:00') and utime < UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2017-11-14 17:00:00')
     and type=0x10f69 group by hex(model_h) order by c desc;
    Empty set (0.00 sec)

MySQL>

Also, we want "Chassis contact lost" alarm history instead of "Chassis down" alarm history from last 45 days.

Also, is it possible to get the list of devices names that triggered the "Chassis contact lost" alarms from past 45 days.

• 4.  Re: How to generate "chassis contact lost" alarms in spectrum from past 45days.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 10:51 AM

Hi Santhosh,

Replace the 0x10f69 with 0x10ff2 in your MySQL query.

The 0x10ff2 event code asserts the CHASSIS CONTACT LOST alarm title.

You can also use the Event Filter in the Events TAB.

Thanks,

Silvio