CA Service Management

• 1.  Custom Jasper Report with Link

Posted Nov 14, 2017 07:23 AM

I created a custom jasper report based on wf table.

I created a new domain (based on an SQL query with the values that I needed in the report.

I created the ad-hoc based on the domain and after I created the report that is a table report.

I need to create a new column that must be a clicable item (link) and if I click in the item the report will open a new window pointing to the workflow task in the SDM page.

• 2.  Re: Custom Jasper Report with Link

Posted Nov 14, 2017 08:13 AM

Hi Paulo,

I dont believe this would be possible as there is no web_url stored for wf tasks as far as I know.  There is one for ticket objects such as request, incident, change orders etc., but not for other objects.  This would first need to be created on the SDM side, and the column would have to somehow be populated whenever a new task is generated on a ticket, and currently SDM does not have a mechanism to do that.  

There maybe some folks out here on the community that have done something like this with a lot of custom code, and they may be willing to share that code with you.  

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Custom Jasper Report with Link

Posted Nov 14, 2017 11:01 AM

I created a calculated field in the report using the href to create the url to access the task.

The problem is that when I run the report the field is not shown as a link

• 4.  Re: Custom Jasper Report with Link

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 11:24 AM

Paulo, I didn't do this before so I am not an expert(lol)...just found some link

jasper reports - Adding a database field as part of a hyperlink url in iReport - Stack Overflow 

so I just throw it here for your consideration. Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Custom Jasper Report with Link

Posted Nov 14, 2017 01:47 PM

Hi Paulo - totally understand what you mean.  I am not sure how to force it to be a URL when you run the report.  What happens if you export the report as a PDF - does the link then become clickable?  I vaguely remember something like this when building a report in Jasper.

• 6.  Re: Custom Jasper Report with Link

Posted Nov 14, 2017 01:58 PM

No, it apears as text in the PDF export too

• 7.  Re: Custom Jasper Report with Link

Posted Nov 14, 2017 02:37 PM

RATS!  Thought maybe that would work.  So yeah on that I am not sure. I dont know what drives the code on their side during report generation that would remove it or not display it as a link.  What I would suggest doing at this point is to post something on the Jasper Community on Tibco's website.  I found a few posts there that may also help you:

Provide Link in Report | Jaspersoft Community 

Creating links in reports | Jaspersoft Community 

See if any of those work for you.  If not, maybe post a new question on their community.

Thanks,

Jon