DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Wily SED - SAP env. and the monitoring env are proposed to be placed in 2 different DCs. ( with a latency of 80 ms ) What are the implications?

• 1.  Wily SED - SAP env. and the monitoring env are proposed to be placed in 2 different DCs. ( with a latency of 80 ms ) What are the implications?

Posted Nov 14, 2017 01:17 PM

We are in an upgrade path ( upgrading Wily SED from 9.5.6.0 to 10.1 ).The current SED infra and the SAP target hosts are in the same DC and Wily SED is functioning as required. As per the upgrade plan -  The agents will be reporting back to SED MOM hosted on a different data center ( with a latency of 80 ms ). What are my implications ? I remember reading a directive from CA that mentions both the WILY SED envi. and the monitored environment(agents) should be in the same DC. Need to get a clarity - or a document that would provide clarity.Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Wily SED - SAP env. and the monitoring env are proposed to be placed in 2 different DCs. ( with a latency of 80 ms ) What are the implications?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 01:38 PM

Hi Vijay, long time!

The recommendation is always to have your collectors as close to the applications as possible to reduce latency issues. Remember that the agents are bursting data every 7.5 seconds.

The other question becomes where the SolMan is. Is the thought to have a single one or two?

Last, but not, least, how will you manage the view of data? a single MOM EM or multiple? Do you need to unify the view of data across the DCs?

I can provide some additional feedback based upon your responses.

-Hiko