CA Service Management

• 1.  Custom Page Link

Posted Nov 14, 2017 03:06 PM

Hey all,

When editing the profile_menu.htmpl file you will notice the following string:

<PDM_MACRO NAME=button caption="Edit This Contact[!etc]" hotkey_name="Edit This Contact[!etc]" id="btn001" width=0 func="popup_window('','UPDATE',0,0,'','FACTORY=cnt','SET.id=$dobref.id')">

UPDATE on the FACTORY=CNT. Which when clicked launches the DETAIL_CNT file. 

I would like to edit this line so that it launches PROFILE_CNTNOTES which is a custom page. Though an exact copy as of this moment of DETAIL_CNT. But I'm not sure how to adjust the FACTORY variable to point to this new location. Or where this information is stored to do that.

OR if there is a better way that is recommended over the above. 

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Custom Page Link

Posted Nov 14, 2017 11:27 PM

hi,

try to specify it as:

popup_window('','UPDATE',0,0,'','FACTORY=cnt','SET.id=$dobref.id+HTMPL=profile_cntnotes.htmpl')

regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: Custom Page Link

Posted Nov 15, 2017 10:02 AM

Made the adjustments as specified. It did load to a different page but not the intended page.

The page now loads to a cannot be found generic.htmpl

• 4.  Re: Custom Page Link

Posted Nov 29, 2017 09:24 AM

@cdtj - can you offer any further insight to Jordan on this one?  Seems like your solution is partially working but leading to a blank page.

Thanks!

Jon

• 5.  Re: Custom Page Link
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 29, 2017 09:39 AM

yeah, I checked in my test env and found that attribute-value pairs should be specified as separate values, this one should work:

popup_window('','UPDATE',0,0,'','FACTORY=cnt','SET.id=$dobref.id','HTMPL=profile_cntnotes.htmpl')

Regards,

cdtj

• 6.  Re: Custom Page Link

Posted Dec 01, 2017 03:01 PM

Thanks cdtj !  

@jordanreich - did that help at all?