CA Client Automation

• 1.  CA ITCM agent is not registered on DSM Explorer

Posted Nov 15, 2017 02:28 AM

I have installed lots of ITCM agent on a 64&32 bit windows systems but for last 2 systems it's not working. On user system agent are installed properly but on DSM console that hostname is not getting registered. I have checked caf ping, camping command from both side it's working fine. I used caf setserveraddress, caf register all in agent machine and it's done successfully, but still it is not registered on DSM. I also found below error in Software Catalog on agent machine.

In our environment we have only one DSM server,

ITCM Version 12.5

• 2.  Re: CA ITCM agent is not registered on DSM Explorer

Posted Nov 15, 2017 03:04 AM

You didn't paste the error from the SC, but it might be because the agent is not linked to a Scalability.

Enable the debug log via cftrace on the client and re-register again, then check the registration logs. Make sure you don't have duplicate HostUUIDs.

As a reminder 12.5 is out of support for quite some time, and your agent version might not be even compatible with the OS you're trying to install onto.

• 3.  Re: CA ITCM agent is not registered on DSM Explorer
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2017 09:22 AM

If the machine is not registering than software Catalog will not work.

Is the machine pointing to a external Scalability or directly to the DM ? 

If it is external , try pointing directly to the DM.

Also try cserver reset on Scalability Server and/or DM and then try to register the machine again.

R12.5 is a very old version, do you need help upgrading to a newer version which might work better ?

You would have to upgrade to R12.8 or R12.9, then do a 2nd upgrade to get to one of the latest versions 

Support could help you with that or get you a copy of the R12.8 or R12.9 ISO if you need it.