Clarity

• 1.  Action item sent to wrong user

Posted Nov 15, 2017 01:29 PM

Hello,

More than one time we have users complaining about receiving action items (both in PPM organizer action item tab and email) that are not meant for them. I have tested these processes multiple times to see if i could reproduce the issue but so far i'm not able to.

The action items in question when i check the processes execution details i can see wich users were notified (step details) and i cant see any of the complaining users listed.

The processes in question have many notifications and action items in several steps, and they have not changed since PPM version 13.3.

We are on 14.3.0.298 with msql server 2012.

In terms of database tables i can see the records created for those users in the notifications and action items tables.

What could be the cause for this behaviour? Some kind of error in the database during action item sending? Is it process related? Or resource ID/user_id problem? I am running out of ideas about his issue.

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Action item sent to wrong user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2017 02:46 PM

Check to see if the users who received the Action Items are proxy for someone who should have received the action itmes (Home menu -> Account Settings page -> Proxy tab -> Proxy for Following Resources section).

• 3.  Re: Action item sent to wrong user

Posted Nov 21, 2017 06:53 AM

Hello Janet

The user does not have a proxy.

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: Action item sent to wrong user

Posted Nov 21, 2017 07:07 AM

In the past i think i remember having trouble with action items because of the USER_ID and ID of the resources, for example a user having the same USER_ID as the ID of another user etc..? Maybe this is the cause?