AnsweredAssumed Answered

Knowledge documents and expiration

Question asked by blav on Nov 16, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 27, 2017 by Derek_Li

Hello, I can't figure a way to ensure that documents that have passed the expiration date would not display to CA SDM users.

I'd like that the Knowledge manager be able to see that document in kt_document_view.htmpl a message when a document is still published but expired and that other SDM users would not see the content of the page.

I tried things like <PDM_IF "$args.EXPIRATION_DATE_INT_DATE + new Date().getTime()/1000)" \> "0"> or 

<PDM_IF "$args.EXPIRATION_DATE_INT_DATE \> new Date().getTime()/1000)" > but that did not worked.

When I just display the calculation for a test on the webpage it works but the PDM_IF condition never seems to get in.

<script type="text/javascript">
document.write(($args.EXPIRATION_DATE_INT_DATE - new Date().getTime()/1000) + "<br/>");
</script>

Or is there a way to get the current date to use for validation in the PDM_IF clause?  Like Server variable ($session.GetDate??)

Or on the other hand, is there a parameter in SDM that can be defined when a knowledge document reaches it expiration date it would get retired?

Thanks for you help

Outcomes