DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CA Collector Web URL

Posted Nov 18, 2017 09:37 AM

Hi,

We have a MOM on RHEL7 and Collector on Windows 2012. It seems that we can launch the Workstation and Investigator directly be connecting to the Collector (http://collector:8081) The performance infact is much faster when connecting to the Collector as compared to connecting to the MOM. Is there any issue for end users, if they connect to the collector and not to the MOM. I did notice that the Triage Map does not show up when connecting to the Collector.

Also is there a way, I can copy my dashboards from the MOM to the collector? Can some provide steps on how this can be accomplished.

Thanks,

Arnab

• 2.  Re: CA Collector Web URL
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2017 01:34 PM

Users should NEVER directly connect to a collector. You should be looking at why the performance is degraded and deal with that issue.

AppMap should be turned off and left off. Use Team Center instead.

Collectors are NEVER to have Management Modules. You will cause duplicate metrics and alerts to be created. Collectors are responsible for harvesting data; MOM is the presentation layer.

As I stated before, fix your performance problems. If you can't resolve the issue on your own by looking at the logs, consider posting a new question on the community or open a support ticket.