Clarity

• 1.  Error when adding Active field to portlet

Posted Nov 20, 2017 07:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

I have created a portlet based on the Project Object. This portlet was working fine until i added a new field in the filter section and i gave the famous unknonw error in the UI... System error. Contact system administrator... etc where the other filter i had before gets like this:

I have also attached the app-ca.log for the time this occured.

I have tryed to re-create the portlet many times always giving me this error.

Any ideas?

Attachment(s)

zip
    app-ca.log.zip   3 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Error when adding Active field to portlet

Posted Nov 20, 2017 08:38 AM

What is the ID of the column that you are trying to add to the Filter Layout..?

• 3.  Re: Error when adding Active field to portlet

Posted Nov 20, 2017 10:52 AM

Its the "is_active" column from inv_investments.

• 4.  Re: Error when adding Active field to portlet

Posted Nov 20, 2017 03:35 PM

Looks like a case of data corruption to me.. There seems to be a lot of junk characters that are being sent to be inserted into "default_value" column of the "odf_view_attributes" table. And the source of these unwanted characters may be the default on the "is_active" column of the "inv_investments" table.

The row on which the insert is being attempted is of ID = 5172008..

You might want to open a support case, if it doesn't get resolved by looking at these places in the DB.

• 5.  Re: Error when adding Active field to portlet

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2017 09:31 PM

Hi,

Jeevan.B already mentioned that the row of ID=5172008 caused error.

Could you review all the value of this row?

SELECT * FROM  ODF_VIEW_ATTRIBUTES WHERE ID=5172008;

You may find corruption column value. 

• 6.  Re: Error when adding Active field to portlet

Posted Nov 21, 2017 07:03 AM

Hello,

Yes, i'm seeing a large xml string on the "default_value" column for this record:

<defaultValue value="&lt;defaultValue value=&quot;&amp;amp;lt;defaultValue value=&amp;amp;quot;&amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;defaultValue value=&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;defaultValue value=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;defaultValue value=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;defaultValue value=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;defaultValue value=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;defaultValue value=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;defaultValue>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;lookupValue code=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;ACTIVE&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot; />&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/defaultValue>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;  &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;lookupValue code=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;ACTIVE&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;/>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/defaultValue>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;  &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;lookupValue code=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;ACTIVE&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;/>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/defaultValue>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;  &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;lookupValue code=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;ACTIVE&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;/>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/defaultValue>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;  &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;lookupValue code=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;ACTIVE&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;/>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/defaultValue>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;  &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;lookupValue code=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;ACTIVE&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;/>&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/defaultValue>&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;>&amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;  &amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;lookupValue code=&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;ACTIVE&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;/>&amp;amp;amp;amp;#xa;&amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/defaultValue>&amp;amp;quot;>&amp;amp;#xa;  &amp;amp;lt;lookupValue code=&amp;amp;quot;ACTIVE&amp;amp;quot;/>&amp;amp;#xa;&amp;amp;lt;/defaultValue>&quot;>&#xa;  &lt;lookupValue code=&quot;ACTIVE&quot;/>&#xa;&lt;/defaultValue>">   <lookupValue code="ACTIVE"/> </defaultValue>

How can this be fixed? a direct update? or something i can fix in the UI?

Thank you.

• 7.  Re: Error when adding Active field to portlet
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2017 09:24 PM

Hi TiagoAb,

I reviewed app-ca.log again and checked below statement. The attribute is obj_work_status.

I think it is "Work Status" lookup.

If you define "Pull-Down" Display Type for "Work Status" lookup in your portlet filter,  please try to change it to "Browse" Display Type.

Using input:
    {is_virtual=0, col=2, hidden=0, display_order=1, language=en, is_fixed_widget=0, type=select, section_id=5068001, show_value=1, is_required=0, action_id=null, num_rows=0, is_multi_valued=1, attribute_name=obj_work_status, id=5172008, is_not_equal_xpath=0, image=null, is_presence_required=0, view_id=5058001, num_cols=0, is_editable=1, default_value=<defaultValue value="&lt;defaultValue value=&quot;&amp;amp;lt;defaultValue.....

Thank you.

• 8.  Re: Error when adding Active field to portlet

Posted Nov 23, 2017 06:36 AM

Hello,

I had to create a new portlet, since i could not fix the old one, and made the fields browse, so far it does not give an error and the portlet works as expected. Although this looses some ease of use, i think its acceptable by the client.

Is there any hints of what could be the cause for the first error in the first place? I have built many portlets with the project object and i have never encountered such error.

Thank you.

• 9.  Re: Error when adding Active field to portlet

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2017 02:28 AM

Hi,

I have not experienced such error and I cannot clarify the root case.

I experienced the following problem.

If I use Pull-Down lookup, the following "IN" clause query will be generated.

SELECT ... IN (XXXX,YYYY,.....)

As you may know, Oracle has limitation for above "IN" clause.

I cannot have more than 1000 literals in an "IN" clause.

If it has over 1000 literals, then the error of "ORA-01795 maximum number of expressions in a list is 1000" will occur.

So, if lookup has a lot of values, I always use "Browse" display type.

Thank you

• 10.  Re: Error when adding Active field to portlet

Posted Nov 27, 2017 05:37 AM

Hello,

We are using MSQLServer 2012, i'm not sure if there is such limitation like oracle. However the portlet seems to be working fine and i have not seena ny more errors while configuring it .

Thank you.