Clarity

• 1.  XOG out and XOGin a multi valued lookup instance

Posted Nov 20, 2017 05:47 AM

Is it possible to xog out and xog in a multi valued lookup instance?

• 2.  Re: XOG out and XOGin a multi valued lookup instance
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 20, 2017 06:36 AM

It is possible to use XOG on an MVL attribute.

Create an MVL attribute on any object, populate an instance of that object, XOG Out, and you'll see how it is structured in an XML.

If you are looking at XOGing Out the definition of the lookup itself, then that is also possible.

• 3.  Re: XOG out and XOGin a multi valued lookup instance

Posted Nov 20, 2017 06:40 AM

Hi Jeevan,

Sounds like light at the end of the tunnel. Could you tell me little more about how exactly this can be done.

I have a multi valued lookup on the Investment object that flows to Ideas and Projects. I have an instance created for the idea object.

When I xog out the Idea instance (using Idea xog read), I only get a regular idea xog write file.

Is there any other separate xog structure I should be using for the same to get the MVL details as well as the lookup definition.

Appreciate your help on this.

Regards,

Meenakshi V

• 4.  Re: XOG out and XOGin a multi valued lookup instance

Posted Nov 21, 2017 02:10 AM

I was of the impression that I can do a xog read and write of the multi valued lookup like how we do on other regular lookups.

Later found that I had to insert the values on the multi valued attribute on the object. 

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Meenakshi V

• 5.  Re: XOG out and XOGin a multi valued lookup instance

Posted Nov 21, 2017 02:20 AM

Glad to hear that. Yes, if the MVL does not hold any value, for a given instance, then a XOG Out of that object instance will not contain the MVL.