Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Gateway Config for Policy Server in HA

Posted Nov 18, 2017 07:37 AM

Hello,

I am integrating CA API Gateway 9.2 CR05 with CA Single Sign on using CA Single SignOn SDK. Steps work fine for single gateway integration with single ca policy server, but if I try to define to multiple policy server in configuration, same doesn't work. 

Trying to add policy server in " CA Single sign on Configuration Properties -> server.0.0.address " as below :

server.0.0.address pserver2.test.com pserver.test.com
    server.0.0.address pserve2.test.com,pserver.test.com
    server.0.0.address pserver.test.com pserver2.test.com
    server.0.0.address pserver2.test.com,pserver2.test.com

Error thrown :

2017-11-18T07:22:12.527-0500 SEVERE 34 com.ca.siteminder.SiteMinderLowLevelAgent: Unable to connect to the CA Single Sign-On Policy Server.

Please advise, how can Gateway be configured to spray request on multiple policy servers ( in high availability, not failover )  at a time.

Thanks!!

• 2.  Re: Gateway Config for Policy Server in HA
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2017 11:16 AM

Good morning,

If you look at the link "CA Single Sign-On Configuration Properties - CA API Gateway - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation " you will find a section that outlines the scheme for this "The "<prefix>" is "server.x.y" where where "x" represents the cluster sequence (since there can be more than one cluster) and "y" represents the server sequence in the cluster."

In your example if all the nodes are in the same cluster then it should look like:

server.0.0.address pserver2.test.com

server.0.1.address pserver.test.com

You will also need to make sure all the other configuration for each server is inline such as ports, connection min/max, timeout, etc.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: Gateway Config for Policy Server in HA

Posted Nov 19, 2017 09:28 AM

Thanks, Stephen !!

It worked for me.

Regards,

Ankush