AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Is there a remote agent plug-in for SAP HANA for CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys)?

Posted Nov 20, 2017 01:27 PM

I understand there is an SAP plug-in, but does this support SAP HANA?

• 2.  Re: Is there a remote agent plug-in for SAP HANA for CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys)?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 21, 2017 02:33 AM

Hello Wade, 

Here is the reply from our Product Manager I have found in this community:

SAP Agent Support for HANA 

The SAP agent uses standard SAP interfaces to run ABAP jobs, BW process chains, etc. and do not access the SAP database directly so the underlying database does not matter. Therefore, the SAP Agent will work with SAP system for both HANA and RDBMS databases.

Regards

Jean Paul

• 3.  Re: Is there a remote agent plug-in for SAP HANA for CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys)?

Posted Jan 24, 2018 04:07 PM

We converted our SAP BW jobs from the legacy adapter to the SAP Plug-In in 2017 during our SAP HANA migration.  The main surprises were around password management.

• 4.  Re: Is there a remote agent plug-in for SAP HANA for CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys)?

Posted Nov 27, 2018 01:29 PM

Do we use CAWA Database agent to connect to HANA Database

• 5.  Re: Is there a remote agent plug-in for SAP HANA for CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys)?

Posted Nov 29, 2018 09:26 AM

You can use the agent plugin (even remotely) to run SAP job streams.

You could install an OS agent on the underlying Linux system to perform tasks such as disk space checks or file manipulation, though I would only advise that on an application server that shares files with the database server.

I would recommend connecting to the HANA database only through the SAP API layer provided by the SAP agent plugin.