CA Service Management

• 1.  Properties display on change detail form

Posted Nov 20, 2017 10:28 AM

Need some help\suggestion from the community members on the approach to display the properties in change detail form anywhere around the Summary Information section.

We have tried keeping the below code before the Summary information line and not working out.

<PDM_LIST SOURCE=args.properties>

detailWriteProperty(n++, "$args.properties.required",

'<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=C PAD=NO>$args.properties.label</PDM_FMT>',

'<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=C PAD=NO>$args.properties.value</PDM_FMT>',

'<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=C PAD=NO>$args.properties.sample</PDM_FMT>');

</PDM_LIST>

<PDM_ELSE>

<PDM_LIST SOURCE=args.property_list>

detailWriteProperty(n++, "$args.property_list.required",

'<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=C PAD=NO>$args.property_list.label</PDM_FMT>',

'<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=C PAD=NO>$args.property_list.value</PDM_FMT>',

'<PDM_FMT ESC_STYLE=C PAD=NO>$args.property_list.sample</PDM_FMT>');

</PDM_LIST>

• 2.  Re: Properties display on change detail form
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 29, 2017 10:10 AM

Hi Niranjan.Sivathapandian  - the properties tab which appears on the incident detail form is actually a separate form in itself, and is driven by a separate object.  The properties themselves are not stored in the same table incidents are stored, but rather are related by an LREL relationship (many to many).  Thus, I dont think the main form will include the code to display those properties.  I am sure it can probably be done with some customization by coping the code from the tab where properties are into the main form in a separate block somehow, but it may also require some javascript to be customized as well.   Unfortunately this is outside the scope of support here, so I dont have much exposure to doing this type of thing myself, BUT, there may be other folks out here that can help you out. 

Anyone have any insight they can offer on this one??

Thanks,
    Jon I.