Service Virtualization

• 1.  Unable to record transactions of a virtual web service using vse recorder

Posted Nov 21, 2017 04:48 AM

Hi,

I am trying to record the transactions of a virtualized  web -service using vse recorder.At vse recorder screen entered below values -

Listen/Record port no - unused port no 

Target port - port no- at which virtual service is deployed

target host - hostname or endpoint url

mode - Gateway 

When I click on record transactions are not recorded , please suggest what needs to be changed here for recording ...

• 2.  Re: Unable to record transactions of a virtual web service using vse recorder

Posted Nov 21, 2017 05:22 AM

• 3.  Re: Unable to record transactions of a virtual web service using vse recorder

Posted Nov 21, 2017 05:30 AM

and if you are working on workstation then refer below documentation 
    HTTPS - DevTest Solutions - 8.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 4.  Re: Unable to record transactions of a virtual web service using vse recorder

Posted Nov 24, 2017 06:55 AM

Hi Vinay,

I tried using both approach but unfortunately no luck , however on devtest portal after entering URL(which is nothing but the URL where my virtual service is deployed) in target URL field a message is displayed - target URL is valid but target is invalid and recording is in progress.

I tried to send transactions to deployed virtual service but nothing gets recorded.

can you please help me on this ?

• 5.  Re: Unable to record transactions of a virtual web service using vse recorder
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 27, 2017 10:59 AM

Which endpoint is the system under test sending its requests to?

The flow should be: SUT ->  Recorder endpoint / port -> Virtual Service endpoint / port

When you try the recording, did you see the Virtual Service transaction count increase?

If the virtual service accepts the request and sends a response, but the recorder does not record it, then requests are bypassing the recorder.

• 6.  Re: Unable to record transactions of a virtual web service using vse recorder

Posted Nov 28, 2017 05:22 PM

As Joel said, seems like you are sending request to Virtual Service not recorder..