DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Robot Installation for Unsupported version of Windows- Windows 2000

Posted Nov 21, 2017 11:44 AM

Hi All,

Is there any way I can deploy a robot which supports windows 2000 without using the Robot installer.

In my environment, I have nearly 20 Windows 2000 machine and is not in monitoring.

Help will be appreciated!

Thank You!

Saju Mathew

• 2.  Re: Robot Installation for Unsupported version of Windows- Windows 2000

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2017 11:49 AM

I think this would be difficult to do as most installer check the os type and version.

I would suggest your best course of action will be to install the rsp probe on the hub in the location with the servers and  use that to monitor these older systems..

• 3.  Re: Robot Installation for Unsupported version of Windows- Windows 2000

Posted Nov 21, 2017 11:51 AM

I did try for one machine.... But, it ended up in consumption of memory at the client end. So, had to stop it.

• 4.  Re: Robot Installation for Unsupported version of Windows- Windows 2000

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2017 12:02 PM

I would think you would have to go back to robot 5.70 but I would not think any of the new version of probes would work with this old version.

And support does not have a matrix of old version of probes that would work with this so I am not sure how you can do this.

You could try different versions and see all of which would be unsupported.

below should be the 5.70 robot installer

http://nmscdn.nimsoft.com/Monitor_6.20-GA/NimBUS%20Robot.exe

• 5.  Re: Robot Installation for Unsupported version of Windows- Windows 2000

Posted Nov 22, 2017 06:15 AM

Thank You Gene, Let me go ahead and try that package.... I tried it on one machine and got a dll missing error during installation. Will be trying on other machines too.

• 6.  Re: Robot Installation for Unsupported version of Windows- Windows 2000

Posted Nov 29, 2017 02:38 PM

I have went with the rsp monitoring except the one has utilization jump. So I am good with the rsp probe... I am good with rsp.