CA Service Management

• 1.  sfDropdown Question

Posted Nov 22, 2017 08:41 AM
      |   view attached

We created a new field called z_SpecialTracking that is being used on CR and IN forms. There are two values that the user can select on the form. I am trying to add this field to the search forms for list_in.htmpl and list_cr.htmpl but am unable to create a dropdown that prompts the user to select one of the two valid values to search on. I have tried the sfDropdown and have no results. There isn't an attribute to select and I noticed that all the selectable attributes have corresponding tables and no columns. I did try the from_incident in the attribute selection but it doesn't work even though it is selectable. I also tried adjusting and removing the factory arguments but the only result was an incident search from the field. I looked through the forums and other documentation but couldn't find a clear answer on how to proceed. Any help is appreciated. screen captures are attached.

• 2.  Re: sfDropdown Question

Posted Nov 22, 2017 10:19 AM

How is your new field z_SpecialTracking defined? Is it a string field or an SREL to another table?

• 3.  Re: sfDropdown Question

Posted Nov 24, 2017 11:39 AM

Sorry for the delay, it is a string.

Thank you,

Jessie

• 4.  Re: sfDropdown Question
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 25, 2017 06:13 PM

The sfDropdown macro is designed for SREL fields (it retrieves the values from the referenced table). If this is a text field only you will have to construct your own lookup using a call to the searchFilterDropdown function. Look for examples in the list_cr.htmpl form file.