IT Process Automation

• 1.  Create Change order from template

Posted Nov 23, 2017 05:16 AM

Hi All,

How to create change order request using Web Service by using a change template from ITPAM.

Regards,
    Amala

• 2.  Re: Create Change order from template

Posted Nov 23, 2017 05:27 AM

Hi Amala

I'm afraid that our US based support staff who would normally respond to these community posting are on Thanksgiving holidays on Thursday November 23rd and Friday November 24th, so unfortunately there will be a slight delay in responding to your query.

However, I will ask one of my engineers to respond as soon as possible after Monday 27th November. 

Thanks you for your patience during this time.

• 3.  Re: Create Change order from template

Posted Nov 23, 2017 10:04 PM

Hi Amala,

the web services method 'createChangeOrder' includes the 'template' parameter.  Pass it the internal identifier (persid) of the template record - e.g. 'chg_tpl:400075'.  I'm not sure from your question whether you're looking for that specific detail or more general information about how to create a Change Order.  If the latter please advise and I'll follow up.

Regards,

James

(not based in the US :-) )

• 4.  Re: Create Change order from template

Posted Nov 24, 2017 02:51 AM

Thanks James for your reply.

I am trying to create a change order using an existing change template. So that tickets that are created with that template have certain fields auto-populated with specified values.

How to configure it in ITPAM?

Thanks,

Amala

• 5.  Re: Create Change order from template
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 25, 2017 05:40 PM

You will need to use the "Invoke SOAP Method" operator rather than the "Create Change Order" operator provided in the Service Desk Connector.