Clarity

• 1.  Roles are not there after completing the below job"Create and Update Jaspersoft user"

Posted Nov 23, 2017 09:04 AM

I added the below roles "Role Adhoc Designer", "Role Dashboard Designer" to one of the user on yesterday. Today I checked these two roles are not available but other roles are there like(ROLE_PORTFOLIO_MANAGEMENT,ROLE_PROJECT_MANAGER,ROLE_USER). i checked manually insert the roles ("Role Adhoc Designer", "Role Dashboard Designer") to that user .I ran the below job "Create and Update Jaspersoft users" job after completed  checked that userid in Advanced Reporting these two roles are not available ("Role Adhoc Designer", "Role Dashboard Designer").

Can you please advice why it was deleting ("Role Adhoc Designer", "Role Dashboard Designer") this kind of roles  while executing the below job "Create and Update Jaspersoft user" jobs.

• 2.  Re: Roles are not there after completing the below job"Create and Update Jaspersoft user"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2017 11:34 AM

The job is not meant for that, the job work is to add users to the Role. Lets say you have created a Role in Advance Reporting called A and you created a group in PPM called A. And now you gave Group A Advance Reporting rights and then add 5 users.

Run the job now you will see those 4 users are added to the Role A in Jaspersoft and you can see by going to Advance Reporting --> Manage Roles --> Edit the Role A and you will see the users added in PPM added to the Role A.

Detailed documentation on this can be found here  https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/reference/ca-ppm-jobs-reference#CAPPMJobsReference-SynchronizeJaspersoftRolesJob 

Hope this helps 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Roles are not there after completing the below job"Create and Update Jaspersoft user"

Posted Nov 24, 2017 05:00 AM

Hi Suman,

Thanks for your Reply.

But in my case why it was happened. Yesterday I tried to assign the below roles(Role Adhoc Designer", "Role Dashboard Designer) to my id in Jaspersoft. I checked today these roles(Role Adhoc Designer", "Role Dashboard Designer) are not available to My ID in Jaspersoft.

I executed the Below statement to add the roles to my ID

insert into ppm_jaspersoft.JIUSERROLE(ROLEID,USERID) values(977,1430) 

insert into ppm_jaspersoft.JIUSERROLE(ROLEID,USERID) values(978,1430) 

After completing the  below job "Create and Update Jaspersoft user" job  this roles are deleted to MY id. It was strange. Is anything we need to find the root cause.

Note: "Create and Update Jaspersoft User" Jobs are scheduled on Daily basis.

• 4.  Re: Roles are not there after completing the below job"Create and Update Jaspersoft user"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2017 05:03 AM

First and foremost you shouldn't do any direct insert have you created a groups in PPM which has same ID of Jaspersoft Role 

• 5.  Re: Roles are not there after completing the below job"Create and Update Jaspersoft user"

Posted Nov 24, 2017 06:22 AM

Hi Suman,

Thanks...I am trying to add the below group "NNA-Advanced Reporting Power Users" and ran that job  after completion am check my id in Advanced reporting Role is added.

So My understand is No need to Add the Role in Jasper soft (Whether its Backend or GUI).

Need to assign the Group to the user then to ran the job .After completing the job role is added in Jaspersoft.

• 6.  Re: Roles are not there after completing the below job"Create and Update Jaspersoft user"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2017 09:22 AM

let me clarify, if you have created a group in PPM called NNA-Advanced Reporting Power Users you should have the same ID, the ID cannot contain spaces and if you add resources to the group, same resurces would be added to role.

So in short you need to create a role in Jaspersoft and group in PPM and resource will get added 

• 7.  Re: Roles are not there after completing the below job"Create and Update Jaspersoft user"

Posted Nov 24, 2017 11:26 PM

Hi muthukumaran.mohanarengan 

If you are trying some integration in jaspersoft around roles and user, i will suggest you to use Jasper REST api instead of direct db insert.

Also if your organization can manage Role changes manually, i will suggest PPM->Advance reporting as this will be simple and less error prone as mentioned bySumanPramanik 

Regards,

Prashank Singh

• 8.  Re: Roles are not there after completing the below job"Create and Update Jaspersoft user"

Posted Nov 30, 2017 01:51 PM

Hi Prashank,

please let me add my 5 cents:

If you have CA PPM 15.3, you can use the OOTB group->role synchronization.

If you have an older version, you can geht the OOTB roles (e.g. ROLE_ADHOC_DESIGNER) sychronized by assigning the global rights. e.g. "Advanced Reporting - Create Adhoc View".

Only if you need to create a sophisticated rights concept in Jaspersoft, you might have to use the REST API to get role->user assignments done in Jaspersoft.

I hope I could help

Regard

Georg