Legacy User

Legacy UserNov 27, 2017 02:38 AM

Legacy User

Legacy UserNov 27, 2017 04:23 AM

• 1.  AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Nov 24, 2017 06:51 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I have created a AO profile for sending mail to different groups on critical and clear alarms. Also only one mail should go for any alarms (critical/clear).

Here i am setting the count of messages as less than 3. Due to this i am getting critical alram, but if the issues is rectified after may be 30 mins then at that time i am not getting the clear alarm. when i checked the count was more than 3.

So please guide me how to get both critical and clear alarm only once.

Also i need to send the critical alarm to another group if it is open for more that 30 mins

Version of UIM i am using 8.51

• 2.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Nov 27, 2017 02:38 AM

Is there a solution available.

• 3.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2017 03:58 AM

Hi,

in order to "need to send the critical alarm to another group if it is open for more that 30 mins":

you need to create your AO profile "on overdue age" so it gets executed when the alarm has been there for 30 min.

HTH

Nestor

• 4.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Nov 27, 2017 04:00 AM

I have tried this but it is not working properly

• 5.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2017 04:07 AM

If you are not using NAS probe v8.56 please use it.

CA Unified Infrastructure Management Hotfix Index - CA Technologies 

If you find a reply has correctly answered your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button so others can benefit from this information.

• 6.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Nov 27, 2017 04:23 AM

Already using NAS probe v8.56

• 7.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Nov 27, 2017 04:26 AM

What about my first question, The clear alarm is not coming in mail if my count is more than 3.

My point was I need the alarm to  come only once , so the message value is configured as less than 3. Because of this configuration my clear alarm is not coming if the device is down for a longer time and my count is higher than 3.

• 8.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2017 04:42 AM

The alarm will keep coming if the error condition still exists but if you use "on overdue age” instead of "on message arrival” then it will work and you will only get a single email.

If you want an email on the clear, then I think that will be a separate AO profile "on message arrival”.

Give that a try

cheers

• 9.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Nov 27, 2017 04:45 AM

Thanks, Let me try.

• 10.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Nov 28, 2017 04:34 AM

It seems working for me.  One more point I am raising alarms only for critical and clear alarms. But I am getting clear alarms also for Major and Minor. Is there a way to filter these alarms

• 11.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 05:13 AM

• 12.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Nov 28, 2017 05:27 AM

I am checking for email only. As per the document in the advanced tab , I could find the check box “Expect the previous severity level to be part of the severity filter”. But it is showing as disabled.

• 13.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 05:31 AM

Hi,

You need to select the required severites as well as clear severity in the matching criteria in profile for the menu in advanced to be enabled

• 14.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Nov 28, 2017 05:41 AM

Thanks it is coming now, but right now for email I have created 2 profiles one for critical and Major and one for Clear only.

In Critical email profile I have put the message counter equal to 1 to avoid repetition of the same alarm coming again and in clear profile there is no condition.

So if I have to enable the advance tab option then this condition will fail. So please suggest what should I do here.

• 15.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 05:52 AM

Hi 

You could create single profile with the required severities and advanced option or create two profiles with the required severities and advanced option .Dont think separate profile for clear is required 

You could  send test alarms and check what works for your requirement 

• 16.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Nov 29, 2017 04:14 AM

Hi,

I checked by creating one profile with the severity and clear and checked the advance option also. But the problem is that for every count increase we are getting a mail. I mean to say that if I don’t set the message count condition to less than 2 I will be getting multiple mails for the same alarm.

If I set the count as less than 2 and my clear alarm comes at the count of 3 then clear alarm mail does not come. That is the reason I have made as separate AO profile.

Please do suggest if there are any other way I can try the same.

• 17.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2017 05:10 AM

• 18.  Re: AO profile to configure critical clear alarm

Posted Dec 01, 2017 02:16 AM

thanks it worked for me.

But i have set another profile for 2nd level escalation.

Once alarm comes in first time i am displaying in dashoboard and mail. But if it is open for 30 mins then i send another mail

. here i am checking on overdue age as 30 mins. i am not getting the alarm all the time, sometime it comes and sometimes it is not coming.