CA Service Management

• 1.  LDAP Sync Functionality

Posted Nov 24, 2017 12:13 PM

I added several new locations that have no users in them yet. After adding the locations several of my existing users were added to these locations after the ldap sync. Looking into the issue, I was wondering a few things. The street address for a lot (not all) of the users that were moved show a slightly different variation now in Active Directory; for example, Highway is abbreviated to HWY and several other small changes. Would this affect the sync, if the address varied at all? Additionally, if it was unable to sync, what would the logic point to if the street address wasn't a full match? The reason I ask that is because all new locations begin with CB and the users were synced to these locations that were in the same zip code and geographically close to their real locations. I am going through and updating all effected locations that have street address variance but wanted to know if this may fix the issue?

• 2.  Re: LDAP Sync Functionality

Posted Nov 24, 2017 12:46 PM

Does the user location data under Organization come from the mapped attributes:

address1      streetAddress,pzAdress

-OR-

location         physicaldeliveryofficename (found in my ldap.mod file)

• 3.  Re: LDAP Sync Functionality
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 25, 2017 06:17 PM

physicaldeliveryofficename

• 4.  Re: LDAP Sync Functionality

Posted Nov 27, 2017 07:46 AM

we believe that it is even case-sensitive because even if the location street address was the same and different case, it wouldn't match at times. We corrected the data to match exactly LDAP and it is now syncing, thank you!