Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

• 1.  Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Nov 27, 2017 08:01 AM

Hi Team,

I am using Devtest 10.1version. I tried to connect MQ using all the Queue configuration details and successfull  connected. When i tried to connect same Queue Manger with different channel, getting below error. Can anyone please tell me how to fix it?

============================================================================
    | Exception:
    | Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Trapped Exception: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2397'.
    | Trapped Message:   com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2397'.

Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2397;AMQ9204: Connection to host 'TK3DAPMTS01(1414)' rejected. [1=com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException[CC=2;RC=2397;AMQ9641: Remote CipherSpec error for channel 'MQI_SWIFT_STM_CH'. [3=MQI_SWIFT_STM_CH]],3=TK3DAPMTS01(1414),5=RemoteConnection.analyseErrorSegment]

Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2397;AMQ9641: Remote CipherSpec error for channel 'MQI_SWIFT_STM_CH'. [3=MQI_SWIFT_STM_CH]

Thanks,

Suresh N

• 2.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Nov 27, 2017 08:08 AM

Hi There,

You are getting error because SSL is configured at MQ server end and handshaking is failing due to either expected KeyStore/TrustStore are not even configured at client side(in DevTest) or wrongly configured.

Simplest way to ask you MQ man to give you an channel where you don't need SSL cert. That would help you to at lease start with your work. Later you can look for E2E connectivity having SSL certs in place.

Thanks,

K

• 3.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Nov 27, 2017 09:52 AM

Hi Gaurav,

Are keystroke.jks, truststore.jks and cert files enough to configure SSL at Devtest side.

And can you please tell me how to configure above files at Devtest side?I have installed Devtest on local machine.

Thanks,

Suresh N

• 4.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 27, 2017 10:15 AM

Hello Suresh,

Please follow below link:

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231165665-ibm-mq-and-ssltls

Thanks,

K

• 5.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Nov 30, 2017 06:11 AM

Hi Gaurav,

I got the Cipher spec details from Mq team. And tried with following.

Cipher Spec Name: TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

Cipher suite Name: SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

MQ version: 7.0.1

But still i am facing the below exceptions.

Verifying Asset
    Creating SSL Context with protocol: TLSv1.2
    Initializing SSL Context
    Error: Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2393 (MQRC_SSL_INITIALIZATION_ERROR)

Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2393;AMQ9204: Connection to host 'TK3DAPMTS01(1414)' rejected. [1=com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException[CC=2;RC=2393;AMQ9771: SSL handshake failed. [1=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException[Unsupported ciphersuite SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA],3=TK3DAPMTS01/10.153.9.126:1414

Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2393;AMQ9771: SSL handshake failed. [1=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException[Unsupported ciphersuite SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA],3=TK3DAPMTS01/10.153.9.126:1414 (TK3DAPMTS01),4=SSLSocket.createSocket,5=sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl@6de46ce6

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported ciphersuite SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

Can you please help me out here?

Thanks,
    Suresh N

• 6.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2017 09:59 AM

Have you reviewed this Communities Post?

IBM MQ and SSL/TLS 

• 7.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Nov 29, 2017 05:25 AM

Hi Marcy,

Yes, i followed the steps given in this forum IBM MQ and SSL/TLS. I tried to get keystore and truststore certficates from MQ server team who are not able to get them.

1. Is there any alternative way to avoid SSL issue?

2. Do we need to provide any certificates to MQ server team to create keystore/trust store files from Devtest side?

Can you please help me here?

Thanks,

Sruesh N

• 8.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Nov 29, 2017 10:33 AM

> com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2397;AMQ9641: Remote CipherSpec error for channel

This error means you have either not entered a Cipher Suite in DevTest or have entered the wrong one.  You need to know what Cipher Spec your MQ server is set up to use and enter the corresponding Cipher Suite into DevTest.  There is a listing towards the top of that SSL document.

If there is just a server-side SSL certificate and you do not need a client-side certificate, then you can follow section 2.1, "Easy trust store", in that document to set up an SSL context that trusts all certificates.

• 9.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Nov 30, 2017 03:50 AM

Hi Kevin,

I got the Cipher spec details from Mq team. And tried with following.

Cipher Spec Name: TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

Cipher suite Name: SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

MQ version: 7.0.1

But still i am facing the below exceptions.

Verifying Asset
    Creating SSL Context with protocol: TLSv1.2
    Initializing SSL Context
    Error: Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2393 (MQRC_SSL_INITIALIZATION_ERROR)

Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2393;AMQ9204: Connection to host 'TK3DAPMTS01(1414)' rejected. [1=com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException[CC=2;RC=2393;AMQ9771: SSL handshake failed. [1=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException[Unsupported ciphersuite SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA],3=TK3DAPMTS01/10.153.9.126:1414

Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2393;AMQ9771: SSL handshake failed. [1=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException[Unsupported ciphersuite SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA],3=TK3DAPMTS01/10.153.9.126:1414 (TK3DAPMTS01),4=SSLSocket.createSocket,5=sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl@6de46ce6

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported ciphersuite SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

Can you help me to get out of this issue?

Tahnks,

Suresh N

• 10.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Nov 30, 2017 12:02 PM

> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported ciphersuite SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

This is covered in section 4.6 and subsequent sections.  The short version:

1. Make sure you don't have a typo in the cipher suite name.

2. Make sure you have the correct version of the MQ client jars.

3. If it's MQ v7.0.1.13 or later, then try this property in local.properties:

com.ibm.mq.cfg.useIBMCipherMappings=False

4. If all else fails, then you will have to find the IBM JRE JSSE jars and add them to DevTest's JRE.  Instructions for this are in section 4.6.1.

• 11.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Dec 01, 2017 02:05 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I have done all steps mentioned above. Unfortunatly still its thwoing an exceptions. I am not sure where i have done mistake. And i have entered Cipher spec manually since its not showing in the list.

Steps done from my side:

1.   I added all jar files of MQ7.1 version and modified java.security file.

2. I have successfully tested IBMJSSE2 provider. It shown success message with 100%.

Getting below errors. PFA  screen shot for the same.

| Exception:
    | Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)
    | Trapped Message:   com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2397'.

Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2397;AMQ9204: Connection to host 'TK3DAPMTS01(1414)' rejected. [1=com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException[CC=2;RC=2397;AMQ9641: Remote CipherSpec error for channel 'MQI_SWIFT_SAA_CH'. [3=MQI_SWIFT_SAA_CH]],3=TK3DAPMTS01(1414),5=RemoteConnection.analyseErrorSegment]

Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2397;AMQ9641: Remote CipherSpec error for channel 'MQI_SWIFT_SAA_CH'. [3=MQI_SWIFT_SAA_CH]

Can you please tell me still what i have missed here?

Thanks,

Suresh N

• 12.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Dec 01, 2017 03:33 AM

I just tested it myself and I can get the SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA Cipher Suite working successfully, as long as I'm using the IBM JSSE2 provider in my SSL Context.  My configuration looks similar to yours.

I'm using almost the same version of MQ as you are, but I'm unable to figure out a set of misconfigurations that causes the exact error you're seeing.  IBM documentation says it means there is still some kind of mismatch between your Cipher Suite and the server's Cipher Spec.  I don't know why MQ has to make SSL more difficult than it already is.

Can you paste the full stack trace?  What is the full, exact version of MQ you're using?

• 13.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Dec 01, 2017 04:33 AM

Hi Kevin,

MQ version 7.0.1.

PFA screenshots for J2SSE success message and SSL_context error message.

Will we get any error  because of  Global Server Certificate?

And im not aware of this global certificate. MQ team is telling this cipher spec is not matching with the Global Server Certificate.

Can we use same cipher spec name for both remote and local channel? or will be there different cipher spec names?

Here is the Full stack trace error:

Verifying Asset
    Creating SSL Context with protocol TLS and provider IBMJSSE2
    Initializing SSL Context
    Error: Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

| Exception:
    STACK TRACE
    com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2397'.
     at com.ibm.mq.MQManagedConnectionJ11.<init>(MQManagedConnectionJ11.java:238)
     at com.ibm.mq.MQClientManagedConnectionFactoryJ11._createManagedConnection(MQClientManagedConnectionFactoryJ11.java:505)
     at com.ibm.mq.MQClientManagedConnectionFactoryJ11.createManagedConnection(MQClientManagedConnectionFactoryJ11.java:547)
     at com.ibm.mq.StoredManagedConnection.<init>(StoredManagedConnection.java:95)
     at com.ibm.mq.MQSimpleConnectionManager.allocateConnection(MQSimpleConnectionManager.java:182)
     at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.obtainBaseMQQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:869)
     at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.procure(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:761)
     at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.constructQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:712)
     at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.createQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:171)
     at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManager.<init>(MQQueueManager.java:684)
     at com.itko.lisa.messaging.providers.ibmmq.IbmMqUtils.createQueueManager(IbmMqUtils.java:94)
     at com.itko.lisa.messaging.providers.ibmmq.IbmMqQueueManagerAsset.createInstance(IbmMqQueueManagerAsset.java:270)
     at com.itko.lisa.messaging.providers.ibmmq.IbmMqQueueManagerAsset.createInstance(IbmMqQueueManagerAsset.java:65)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime$InstanceEntry.open(LocalAssetRuntime.java:2320)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime$InstanceEntry.checkOut(LocalAssetRuntime.java:1539)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime$RuntimeEntry.checkOut(LocalAssetRuntime.java:803)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime.doOpenAsset(LocalAssetRuntime.java:166)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime.openAssetInScope(LocalAssetRuntime.java:123)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime.openAsset(LocalAssetRuntime.java:114)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.AssetUtils.verifyRuntimeAsset(AssetUtils.java:1291)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.ui.AssetEditor$5.run(AssetEditor.java:305)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.ui.ProgressLog$Worker.doInBackground(ProgressLog.java:116)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.ui.ProgressLog$Worker.doInBackground(ProgressLog.java:98)
     at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
     at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2397;AMQ9204: Connection to host 'TK3DAPMTS01(1414)' rejected. [1=com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException[CC=2;RC=2397;AMQ9641: Remote CipherSpec error for channel 'MQI_SWIFT_SAA_CH'. [3=MQI_SWIFT_SAA_CH]],3=TK3DAPMTS01(1414),5=RemoteConnection.analyseErrorSegment]
     at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.internal.RemoteFAP.jmqiConnect(RemoteFAP.java:2010)
     at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.internal.RemoteFAP.jmqiConnect(RemoteFAP.java:1227)
     at com.ibm.mq.MQSESSION.MQCONNX_j(MQSESSION.java:915)
     at com.ibm.mq.MQManagedConnectionJ11.<init>(MQManagedConnectionJ11.java:227)
     ... 28 more
    Caused by: com.ibm.mq.jmqi.JmqiException: CC=2;RC=2397;AMQ9641: Remote CipherSpec error for channel 'MQI_SWIFT_SAA_CH'. [3=MQI_SWIFT_SAA_CH]
     at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.internal.system.RemoteConnection.analyseErrorSegment(RemoteConnection.java:4322)
     at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.internal.system.RemoteConnection.receiveTSH(RemoteConnection.java:2902)
     at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.internal.system.RemoteConnection.initSess(RemoteConnection.java:1440)
     at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.internal.system.RemoteConnection.connect(RemoteConnection.java:1115)
     at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.internal.system.RemoteConnectionPool.getConnection(RemoteConnectionPool.java:350)
     at com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.internal.RemoteFAP.jmqiConnect(RemoteFAP.java:1599)
     ... 31 more

at com.itko.lisa.messaging.providers.ibmmq.IbmMqUtils.toLisaException(IbmMqUtils.java:667)
     at com.itko.lisa.messaging.providers.ibmmq.IbmMqUtils.createQueueManager(IbmMqUtils.java:98)
     at com.itko.lisa.messaging.providers.ibmmq.IbmMqQueueManagerAsset.createInstance(IbmMqQueueManagerAsset.java:270)
     at com.itko.lisa.messaging.providers.ibmmq.IbmMqQueueManagerAsset.createInstance(IbmMqQueueManagerAsset.java:65)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime$InstanceEntry.open(LocalAssetRuntime.java:2320)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime$InstanceEntry.checkOut(LocalAssetRuntime.java:1539)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime$RuntimeEntry.checkOut(LocalAssetRuntime.java:803)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime.doOpenAsset(LocalAssetRuntime.java:166)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime.openAssetInScope(LocalAssetRuntime.java:123)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.LocalAssetRuntime.openAsset(LocalAssetRuntime.java:114)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.AssetUtils.verifyRuntimeAsset(AssetUtils.java:1291)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.ui.AssetEditor$5.run(AssetEditor.java:305)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.ui.ProgressLog$Worker.doInBackground(ProgressLog.java:116)
     at com.itko.lisa.asset.ui.ProgressLog$Worker.doInBackground(ProgressLog.java:98)
     at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
     at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thanks,

Suresh N

• 14.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Dec 01, 2017 06:04 AM

7.0.1.?  What's the fourth number in your MQ version?

> Global Server Certificate

That's new to me.  But after reading up on it, it appears that you may have to change your Cipher Suite *and* the Cipher Spec defined on your MQ Channel in order to meet some kind of minimum encryption required by the Global Server Certificate. This Global Server Certificate can cause the MQ server to automatically renegotiate to a stronger Cipher Spec on the fly.  For some reason it doesn't tell the client this, but it still expects the client's specified Cipher Suite to match its newly selected Cipher Spec.  I can't imagine how that process ever works. 

You have to either somehow figure out what Cipher Spec the MQ server channel is renegotiating to, and change your Cipher Suite to match.  Or, change the MQ server channel's Cipher Spec to something that's strong enough to not require renegotiation, and then change your Cipher Suite to match.

• 15.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Dec 01, 2017 11:49 PM

Hi Kevin,

I want to let you know thing. I have used trust all manager option in SSL context. I did not use any server keystore or trust store.

If I don't use server trust store and keystore, do I get cipher spec error?

Can you confirm me above one?

Thanks,

Suresh N

• 16.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Dec 04, 2017 04:19 AM

The cipher spec/suite error is happening during initial negotiation, before certificates are exchanged.  I don't think it's even getting far enough for the certificate to matter. 

Again, my best theory is that the Channel itself is configured with a Cipher Spec that is too weak according to the Global Server Certificate.  It's getting switched for another Cipher Spec no the fly, which no longer matches the Cipher Suite specified on the DevTest side.

• 17.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Dec 08, 2017 02:19 AM

Hi Kevin,

I asked them to create Unencrypted Channel then worked fine. Thanks a lot.

Tahnks,

Suresh N

• 18.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Dec 08, 2017 03:01 AM

So we never actually solved the SSL issue?  I was kind of hoping we could figure it out so I could update our SSL doc, but if you're not worried about it then that's fine.

• 19.  Re: Message:     Error opening queue manager MQM_SWIFT_TKD, Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2397 (MQRC_JSSE_ERROR)

Posted Dec 08, 2017 06:38 AM

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry. Our MQ team not also new to SSL so that they could not handle and create SSL configuaration. So i  asked them to go for unecncrptioed option to complete testing.

Thanks,

Suresh N