DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Can CA UIM cisco_ucm probe monitor phone registration? also will CA UIM able to report the IP adress allocated to the phone?

• 1.  Can CA UIM cisco_ucm probe monitor phone registration? also will CA UIM able to report the IP adress allocated to the phone?

Posted Nov 26, 2017 08:07 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our Network team want to monitored all IP phone registration status using CA UIM  cisco_ucm probe. 

Can CA UIM cisco_ucm probe monitor phone registration status? and where?

also will CA UIM able to report the IP address allocated to the phones?

Kind Regards

Alex

• 2.  Re: Can CA UIM cisco_ucm probe monitor phone registration? also will CA UIM able to report the IP adress allocated to the phone?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2017 08:25 PM

Hi ,

RegisteredHardwarePhones- Represents the number of Cisco hardware IP phones (for example, models 7960, 7940, 7910, etc.) that are currently registered in the system.

Please see list of metrics which are available 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/cisco_ucm-cisco-unified-communications-manager-monitoring/cisco_ucm-metrics#cisco_ucmMetrics-Metrics

• 3.  Re: Can CA UIM cisco_ucm probe monitor phone registration? also will CA UIM able to report the IP adress allocated to the phone?

Posted Nov 26, 2017 08:37 PM

Hi Franklin,

Thank you for responding my question. please correct me if I am wrong , If I have read it correctly  The RegisteredHardwarePhones represent total number of Registered phone. but, can cisco_ucm probe provide status of each registered phone? and detail of allocated IP address?

Kind Regards

Alex 

• 4.  Re: Can CA UIM cisco_ucm probe monitor phone registration? also will CA UIM able to report the IP adress allocated to the phone?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2017 08:56 PM

Hi Alex

From below doc information the Monitor name  shows the Mac address registered to the phone and information it collects

ip address is not directly monitored 

Cisco Phone

Monitor NameUnitsDescription
    (SEP00170EF03493)\CallsAttempted-Represents the number of calls that has been attempted to and from this phone. This increments each time a phone Goes Offhook/Onhook, or when it receives a call. No increments take place under call waiting. However it gets incremented for every call leg that is Destroyed in the case of Hold/ Resume, Park, PickUp Conference, CallForward No Answer etc.