CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Non availability of field in CASM application

• 1.  Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Nov 28, 2017 05:04 AM

Hello SM Team

We are using CA Service Management application to manage the tickets .We noticed that there is no Category Field(Request Area) to put while creating the ticket from the application.....Also we do have some custom field which are also mandatory. How can we go ahead with this non availability of fields as this is mandatory field in our sdm gui.?? How can we customize this app according to our requirement as we have in sdm gui ??? . If this cannot be done  then whats the purpose of this application ? Only to view tickets, edit etc?

Please advise

Jon_Israel Raghu.Rudraraju FIDSE01 Derek_Li 

• 2.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2017 06:03 AM

Hi Aamir,

CA SDM Administrators can configure new mobile attributes on the CA SDM Server. End users can view these attributes in the mobile application UI while editing or creating a ticket. Administrators can add any mandatory or custom attributes on the CA SDM Web UI while creating a ticket and make these attributes available to mobile application users. The end users can view these attribute fields on the mobile application ticket UI and fill in the required information.

Please refer to the following documentation with instructions on how to expose fields in the Mobile App:

Configure the Mobile Attributes for CA SDM Tickets - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Dec 04, 2017 04:05 AM

Hi Brian

Thanks for you response.

Im following below article for custom Field to show on mobile application. and im now confused at point 5

When adding a custom field to the Mobile Attributes and attempting to create a ticket, an error is logged on the server … 

"5. Once the column is created the contents of the table will need to be updated to mark each item as "active" that you wish to allow a user to be able to use through the Mobile interface. You can do this through a pdm_load update or through any other means you may use to update this data within your environment."

how can i update the content of table to mark item as Active?

please advise

• 4.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Dec 04, 2017 09:59 AM

Hi Aamir, 

What the document is saying is that in order to display the records in that custom table within the mobile app, you need to ensure that the data in that table is set to "active" - otherwise those rows wont show.

Does your custom table have an "active" field on it?

Jon

• 5.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Dec 04, 2017 12:14 PM

Hi Jon

Thanks for ur reply

below is the custom field on our incident form and u can see the record is active in it. i can select it .

Now this custom Field i want in mobile application. But i still cant see any custom attribute in Mobile attributes. the default 48 is showing. No addtional i can see.. please advise

• 6.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2017 03:22 PM

Aamir,

In the "Activity Association List" you'll only see a select of out of the box fields. Adding a custom field will not automatically create an the attribute.

In the screen from the bottom screenshot click "Create New" and create a new entry. The "Object Type Attribute" name much match the column name from the call_req table.

• 7.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Dec 04, 2017 03:25 PM

You have to click on "Create New" there - then set the object type to Incident, then hit "select an attribute" which brings you to the Activity Association list - there you will have to create a new one for that new field.  Just create a "field update" activity association for your custom "z" field  (im guessing its "zSite"??), and save it, then select it for the attribute on the "add new mobile attribute" screen.  Then click "save" - you should now be able to see it in the list.

Hope this helps,
    Jon I.

• 8.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Dec 04, 2017 03:52 PM

Thanks Alex n Jon for the guidance

Yes my custom field attribute is z_site

On 05-Dec-2017 1:25 am, "Jon_Israel" <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 9.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Dec 05, 2017 06:55 AM

Dear Jon_Israel

how can i make custom fields Mandatory ? Please guide.

• 10.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Dec 05, 2017 08:19 AM

Hi Aamir,  You cannot make the field required ONLY in the mobile app.  You would need to make the field required at the schema level in schema designer - If you go to that field in wsp schema designer, there is a check box to make it required. Just keep in mind that once you do that, its required globally throughout any interface including teh mobile app, web interface, xflow, text API or web services...

• 11.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Dec 05, 2017 08:30 AM

Hello Jon

Yes i aware about that and we already have custom field mandatory on GUI... we need the same on Mobile application

• 12.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Dec 05, 2017 10:59 AM

Did you make that field required at the DB Schema level in schema designer?  If so, then it should also be required on the mobile app...

• 13.  Re: Non availability of field in CASM application

Posted Dec 05, 2017 11:11 AM

yes Jon

the custom field already checked as Make Required.. on sdm gui...its

mandatory.. but not on mobile app

On 05-Dec-2017 8:58 pm, "Jon_Israel" <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>