CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

• 1.  PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

Posted Nov 28, 2017 04:07 PM

We had new contacts loaded and I loaded all locations first and then ran a pdm_import and then lday_sync but they are not showing up with any address. What is the correlation between physicaldeliveryofficname and the actual address? I verified that the addresses are exactly as they are in AD but I am trying to figure out why they didn't sync to the their corresponding address.

• 2.  Re: PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

Posted Nov 28, 2017 08:20 PM

My guess would be that 'physicaldeliveryofficename' is not mapped to location.  I don't think it is by default.  Check your 'ldap.maj' and refer to LDAP-HowtoModifyAttributeMapping<https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/17-0/en/administering/configure-ca-service-desk-manager/configuring-user-accounts/how-to-integrate-ca-sdm-with-ldap%23HowtointegrateCASDMwithLDAP-HowtoModifyAttributeMapping>.  I don't recall whether the mapping is case-sensitive, so you might need to use 'physicalDeliveryOfficeName'.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

Posted Nov 28, 2017 08:25 PM

Thank you for reply. in my LDAP mod file it shows location mapped to that attribute in LDAP. I am not sure how that is without a second source or reference with that field to a physical address because my understanding is that is an attribute not linked to anything directly in LDAP.

• 4.  Re: PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2017 08:56 PM

The physical address is maintained as attributes of the location object in SDM.  For the mapping to work, the content of 'physicalDeliveryOficeName' must match the symbol for a location in SDM.  For example, you might have 'physicalDeliveryOfficeName' = 'Applecross', which would map in SDM to a location with symbol 'Applecross' whose physical address details - directly maintained in SDM - show '772 Canning Highway'.  Then your contact's address will show up as '772 Canning Highway'.

• 5.  Re: PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

Posted Nov 29, 2017 09:01 AM

Thank you for the reply. After the scheduled sync last night each location was synced to their respective address, I am assuming the .mod file doesn't get called in the manual ldap_sync from the command prompt? I am still confused how that mapping works because all I did is load new locations and their addresses, I did no other steps with regards to the mod file, changing any other file, or pdm_loading any files. Without physically referencing them somewhere, I am not sure how their new users, new four letter physicalDeliveryOfficeName (for example ROBC, MCLT) gets mapped to their  respective location.

• 6.  Re: PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

Posted Nov 29, 2017 02:28 PM

I would assume that you have Location records in Service Desk (Administration tab, Service Desk folder, Application Data folder, Codes folder, Locations) with names like 'ROBC' and 'MCLT'.

• 7.  Re: PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

Posted Nov 29, 2017 03:33 PM

No Sir, for the new locations I loaded four letter designators were not loaded into anything by me from the Service Desk side, that is what is puzzling. There is nothing in those records, MDB, LDAP config mods, or LDAP itself that points that field to a physical address. However, it is working but I kind of want to know how in case it breaks. The physicaldeliveryoffice name is maintained only at the HR level for distribution. That file is being fed into AD as a part of the overall user information, I just don't know how Service Desk is referencing it.

• 8.  Re: PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

Posted Nov 29, 2017 03:57 PM

Hey Jessie,

Assuming there is a line in your ..\site\mods\majic\ldap.mod file like this:

location                physicalDeliveryOfficeName   STRING ;

The LDAP_SYNC process takes the string value of physicalDeliveryOfficeName and looks that (name) up in the Location table. If found, it places the reference to that record in the location attribute on the contact record. There is no modification of the Locations table by the LDAP_SYNC process.

Cheers,

Lindsay

• 9.  Re: PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

Posted Nov 29, 2017 04:13 PM

Thank you Sir, that is where my confusion is. Our physicalDeliveryOfficeName values are just four letter office codes (for every record) and these codes are not found anywhere in ca_location table, I have looked at each address more than once and there is no reference to these four letter codes in the location records. However, the addresses are syncing to the users, even for the new users and locations I just loaded this week, as long as the address of the user in LDAP is a direct match for the address in the location table.

• 10.  Re: PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

Posted Nov 30, 2017 01:27 AM

There must be some other configuration making this happen.  Can you check for a site\mods\majic ldap file?

• 11.  Re: PhysicalDeliveryOfficeName

Posted Nov 30, 2017 09:02 AM

Thank you for the replies:

LDAP Mod File (we modified the alias input our cost center information for each user which is how it is recorded in AD, it is a 9 integer code).

location                                  physicalDeliveryOfficeName   STRING ;
       z_supervisor_ldap_dn           manager STRING ;
       whenCreated                         whenCreated STRING ;
       sAMAccountType                  sAMAccountType INTEGER ;
       alias                                      fhnCostCenter STRING ;

My physicalDeliveryOfficeName = ROBC

Location is Maryville Operations Center

Name: Maryville Operations Center, Site: East, Address: just street address