CA Service Management

• 1.  Additional Searchfild for customer in Incident Detail

Posted Nov 29, 2017 09:43 AM

Hi team,

to the incident detail screen I want to add a local attribute, the hr-id of the customer of the incident, to give the possibility to search for the customer additionally  by his hr-id. The hr-id is a plain text local attribute (zPNR) in the object cnt. I did manage to  show this hr-id  in the incident detail screen for the customer assigned to the incident after the incident is saved.  When creating a new incident or edit an existing one and the customer is found by name, the hr-id must be shown and if the customer is found by his hr-id, the name must be shown immediately. I added the hr-id to the incident search screen and it is no problem to find the related contact.
    I also defined a Go To for this hr-id and  Quick Profile is shown which also gives the possibility to create  an incident, but the customer does not want to use the search and quick profile. Is it possible to realize this request? How can it be done?

Regards Baerbel

• 2.  Re: Additional Searchfild for customer in Incident Detail

Posted Nov 30, 2017 05:10 AM

Hi Baebel,

Usually when you search for a contact the resulting screen with all the filters is the list_cnt.htmpl. Would it not be easier to just add that new field to the contact search screen seeing that it is a contact attribute?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Additional Searchfild for customer in Incident Detail

Posted Nov 30, 2017 05:33 AM

Hi Brian,

the new field is a contact attribute and defined in list_cnt.htmpl as well as Go To. I asked the customer once more, now the GO TO solution is OK for them.

What still is a question if the new cnt-attribute can be displayed directly in the Screen for a new Incident when the contact is selected, before the Incident is saved.

Is this possible?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Bärbel Veit

MAXXYS AG | Frankfurter Straße 76 | 35578 Wetzlar

phone    +49 6441 21004 0

fax          +49 6441 21004 20

mobile   +49 172 5364734

mail         <mailto:baerbel.veit@maxxys.de> baerbel.veit@maxxys.de

web         <http://www.maxxys.de/> www.maxxys.de

HRB2551 Wetzlar | Ust. ID-Nr. DE 221 2907 39

Vorstand: Bernhard Bock | Aufsichtsrat: Ilhami Ocak (Vorsitzender)

Das Systemhaus für IT-Infrastruktur-Management

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.

Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Von: Brian_Mathato 

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. November 2017 11:11

An: Baerbel Veit <baerbel.veit@maxxys.de>

Betreff: Re:  - Re: Additional Searchfild for customer in Incident Detail

<https://communities.ca.com/?et=watches.email.thread> CA Communities

Re: Additional Searchfild for customer in Incident Detail

reply from Brian Mathato <https://communities.ca.com/people/Brian_Mathato?et=watches.email.thread>  in CA Service Management - View the full discussion <https://communities.ca.com/message/242025966-re-additional-searchfild-for-customer-in-incident-detail?commentID=242025966&et=watches.email.thread#comment-242025966>

• 4.  Re: Additional Searchfild for customer in Incident Detail

Posted Nov 30, 2017 09:10 AM

Hi Baerbel, It probably can be done using some type of spelcode and javascript to make the system back-fill that field after a contact is selected, but there is no way out of the box to do that as far as I know.

Jon