Clarity

• 1.  Duplicating records when converting an object

Posted Nov 29, 2017 12:45 PM

We have a custom process that has multiple steps. One of the steps has an action to convert an application request object to an application object. Sometime this process is creating a duplicate application objects. This behavior is not happening all the time it's intermittent.

I'm including screen shots of the sequence of the steps. The steps can be summarized in the following:

1- When the request is approved. The process is triggered and the step (Convert to application) is called 

2- the "covert to application step" has an action that convert the "application request object" into an "application object" using a mapping code (view attached xml file)

Sometime it works and other time it creates duplicate application objects (2 objects for the same request). Any help?

Thanks,

-George

Attachment(s)

zip
    mapping_write.xml.zip   706 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Duplicating records when converting an object

Posted Nov 29, 2017 04:21 PM

You might have to identify what is unique about these instances in which the duplication happens. Is there a loop back in the process, that makes it go over the same step twice may be?

• 3.  Re: Duplicating records when converting an object

Posted Nov 29, 2017 04:23 PM

No loop back. the duplication is intermittent. If there is a loop back it will be happening every single time.  

• 4.  Re: Duplicating records when converting an object

Posted Nov 29, 2017 04:37 PM

Not necessary that if there is a loop back, it happens always. A condition somewhere in the flow can result in a different path being taken, and this step getting skipped altogether.

• 5.  Re: Duplicating records when converting an object
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 01, 2017 04:12 PM

Never mind I figured it out. I guess it’s done through a job “execute a process”

• 6.  Re: Duplicating records when converting an object

Posted Jan 23, 2018 11:06 PM

hello can u explain how u figure iut same problem i m also facing.

ExecutorService taskExecutor = Executors.newSingleThreadExecutor();
    taskExecutor.execute(new Runnable() {
    @Override
    public void run() {
    batchProcessorService.process(batchIds, false);
    }
    });
    taskExecutor.shutdown();

• 7.  Re: Duplicating records when converting an object

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2017 08:45 PM

I don't clarify the root cause so far.

The process maybe invoked redundantly.

I always turn on "Do not start a new process if one is already running" option in Start Options of process.

Thank you.