Any insight or suggestions on this matter would be appreciated!
My Goal: Be able to execute tests using the Test Runner command line that uses custom classes loaded in from jars placed in the same project folder as the test scripts.
Version: DevTest v8.3
Installation Type: Individual not Shared
- I'm using the Custom Test Step to load in custom classes.
(Define a Custom Java Test Step - DevTest Solutions - 8.0 - CA Technologies Documentation )
- I have been testing on my local computer and will need to this our server.
- On our company server I don't have access to DevTest/lib/core or DevTest/hotdeploy on our server. So all the jars that are needed for the test needs to be contained in the project folder where the test scripts are.
What I have tried
- When the files are placed in DevTest/lib/core (I know I shouldn't) - it works. But I can't use this one the server
- When the files are placed in DevTest/hotdeploy - It still works as expected, but I can't use this one the server.
- In project.config I've set HOT_DEPLOY and MORE_JARS to the path where my jars were located but it did not work.
What I have not tried
If it is unavoidable I will get the server team to deploy the jars into the DevTest/hotdeploy folder.