Service Operations Insight

Expand all | Collapse all

BI-directional UIM Connector

• 1.  BI-directional UIM Connector

Posted Nov 30, 2017 04:39 AM

Hi Team,

I want to configure the bidirectional alert synchronization for UIM Connector. SO in Alert Sycnhronization i enable the option  and i get .

Configuration successfully saved. Please restart CA SAM Application Server for synchronization to take effect for ensuing changes to reconciled data. Configure and run the priming utility located at SOI_HOME\Tools to fully synchronize all existing data based on the enabled use cases.

I have one doubt what to configure in priming utility batch file. How to run Priming utility(by clicking on it or through CMD)

Regards

Krishna.

• 2.  Re: BI-directional UIM Connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2017 04:44 AM

Hello Krishna,

Either way you can execute the batch file, however if you run from command line it shows the progress of the synchronization. If there are many CIs, I would suggest to follow this procedure...

1) Before running the primer utility go to the \SOI\Tools\Priming Utilty folder and make a copy of the sync_primer.properties file
    2) Open it with text editor and go to the line that reads "SOI_Service_Synchronization_Types" and take out "BynaryRelationship"
    3) Save the file and run the primarUtility bat from command line

Note: You may keep only Application class and take out all other classes and run the utility.

4) Once the primerUtility completes edit the SOI_Service_Synchronization_Types line again in sync_primer.properties file and take out all the synchronization types, put back just the BynaryRelationship
    5) Save the file and rerun the primerUtility

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Brahma

• 3.  Re: BI-directional UIM Connector

Posted Nov 30, 2017 04:53 AM

Hi Brahma.

AT Step2 i have 

SOI_Service_Synchronization_Types=Application,ApplicationServer,ApplicationSystem,BinaryRelationship,BootSoftware,Cluster,CommunicationServer,ComputerSystem,Database,DatabaseInstance,DirectoryServer,File,Group,ITActivity,Location,MailServer,ManagementAgent,MediaDrive,Memory,Network,NetworkServer,OperatingSystem,OrganizationEntity,Person,PowerSupply,Printer,Processor,ProvisionedSoftware,ResourceServer,Router,RunningHardware,RunningSoftware,SecurityServer,Service,SoftwareComponent,Switch,Tablespace,TransactionServer,VirtualSystem

What i have to remove form here at step2 only BinaryRelationship or remaning also.

At step 4 after running primary utility 

i have to place only

SOI_Service_Synchronization_Types=BinaryRelationship

Regards

Krishna.

• 4.  Re: BI-directional UIM Connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2017 05:02 AM

Hi Krishna,

Basically, you are running the command without "BinaryRelationship" class first and then only with "BinaryRelationship". With this class the synchronization may take more time, hence run this utility without this class and run again with only this class in the configuration file.

Thanks

Brahma

• 5.  Re: BI-directional UIM Connector

Posted Dec 04, 2017 05:58 AM

Hi Brahma,

As per your suggestions I configured the UIM connector bidirectional for alerts Synchronizing. How can i know that the connector is configured correctly or not. Is their any file/ option stating that the connector is bidirectionally configured correctly.

Regards

Krishna.

• 6.  Re: BI-directional UIM Connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2017 04:01 PM

Hi Krishan,

To verify if the bidirectional alert synchronization is working or not you need to clear an UIM alert from SOI console and see if that gets cleared in UIM or not.

Thanks

Shaheen

• 7.  Re: BI-directional UIM Connector

Posted Feb 23, 2018 03:37 AM

Hi Team,

When i am running Primer utility it shows the exception java.lang.outofMemory. How can i increase the java memory.How can i run PrimerUtility without this Exception.

• 8.  Re: BI-directional UIM Connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2018 04:57 AM

Hi Krishna,

Most likely \activemq-data folder size is huge, please try this...

1) Stop SOI Manager Services

2) Delete all files inside \tomcat\webapps\activemq-web\activemq-data folder

3) Start SOI Manager Services

4) Run Primer Utility.

Thanks

Brahma

• 9.  Re: BI-directional UIM Connector

Posted Feb 23, 2018 05:22 AM

Hi Brahma,

Thanq for the reply, I tried these but same error occured.

Regards

Krishna.