CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Default font in SDM v17

• 1.  Default font in SDM v17

Posted Nov 30, 2017 02:29 AM

Hello, is there any way to change the default font in v17? Particularly in Chrome, it shows up rather blurred, and very bad defined than in previous versions...

Am I the only one with this issue?

Un saludo,

Pablo

• 2.  Re: Default font in SDM v17

Posted Nov 30, 2017 03:36 AM

hi,

check Service Desk Manager\site\mods\www\wwwroot\css folder maybe you have customized CCS files from previous SDM version that overrides original ones and causes conflict?

If yes, try to disable them (rename folder to css.old), then reset webcache on server and browser cache on pc.

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: Default font in SDM v17

Posted Nov 30, 2017 04:57 AM

Hi Pablo,

Can you attach screen prints showing the behavior you get in Chrome vs. any other browser like IE or Firefox?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Default font in SDM v17

Posted Nov 30, 2017 05:41 AM

Thank you Brian,

I am attaching both screenshots.

cdtj: I am afraid I do not have css customizations in place, but thank you for the hint.

IE:

IE_v17

Chrome:

Chrome_v17

• 5.  Re: Default font in SDM v17

Posted Nov 30, 2017 06:04 AM

this is a bit stupid suggestion but could you try to click Ctrl+0 (hot key to reset scaling).

Regards,

cdtj

• 6.  Re: Default font in SDM v17

Posted Nov 30, 2017 06:15 AM

No effect, thank you, it was already at 100%

Do you see, guys, ok v17 in Chrome? I have observed this behaviour in several customers already...

Un saludo,

Pablo

• 7.  Re: Default font in SDM v17

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2017 01:52 PM

Pablo, since you have seen this on a couple of machines I think it should be a good idea to create a CA Support case to get to the root of it. Thanks _Chi

• 8.  Re: Default font in SDM v17
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 01, 2017 03:06 PM

Great idea Chi - I think this would be best worked on via a support case as well.  

@pespinar  - please create a support case for this so an engineer can work on it with you.  If you dont mind, please post the case number here so we can ensure that the solution is also posted to this community post to close the loop

Thanks!

Jon

• 9.  Re: Default font in SDM v17

Posted Nov 30, 2017 09:16 AM

Hi Pablo,

I have several 17.0 systems running and they all appear ok in chrome.  Not sure what is causing this for you specifically.  Now I am only looking at it in English, but I am wondering if maybe it has to do with a localized language version of the product.  To be totally honest, looking at your two screenshots I dont see much difference in the look of the font - they really look the same to me.

If you try looking at it in chrome on a different machine (other than your own machine) - does it appear that way as well?  Do all users see it that way or just some?

Jon I.

• 10.  Re: Default font in SDM v17

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2017 09:26 AM

Hello,

On the Chrome interface, what happens when you hold down the Ctrl key and scroll with your mouse scroll wheel?  This causes the scaling on the specific browser to change.  I noticed that I was using Chrome for some time with a scaling other than the default 100% and explained why sometimes the display on other browser displays looked irregular.

I'd also ask if you have other colleagues using Chrome who experience the same issues as you are.

• 11.  Re: Default font in SDM v17

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 09:08 AM