CA Service Management

• 1.  How to set offerings permissons based on SD role?

Posted Nov 30, 2017 12:24 PM

Hi, i need to hide/show offerings in SC based on the SDM role. How can i match the role information between SD and SC? 

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: How to set offerings permissons based on SD role?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2017 03:07 AM

Good Morning Sebastian.

What you want to accomplish then, as this now appears, is more than desinged in the software sofar.
    And in general, for situations like this, where a user asks for a change of behaviour of the current release of the product, I can propose to add an Idea in the Communities.
    So, as to this threads's question, I encourage you to open an Idea in the CA Service Catalog Community.
    To get your Idea voted for and reviewed by us there after.
    For us to see whether it is possible to get this functionality implemented in a future release of the products.

This is the status as to my knowledge.
    Should some one else in the Community have an answer for you on this, then for the better.

Thanks in advance for your efforts on this and kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: How to set offerings permissons based on SD role?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 01, 2017 10:23 AM

Hi Sebastian,

Offering permissions can be set based on the Catalog role as well as AD/EEM application groups. So one option might be to create AD or EEM application groups for the SD roles. Step 6 in the following has some additional/brief details:

Create a Simple Service - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Another option might be to create different business units/catalogs for each SD role and copy/inherit the applicable offerings. Following has some details on the business unit structure:

Manage Business Units and Tenant Administration - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation  

Thanks,
    Jason