Clarity

• 1.  Subobject list error: Sorting by the column specified is not allowed.

Posted Dec 01, 2017 03:35 AM

Hi,

I'm getting this error in a subobject of a custom object and nothing is shown in the list, and there should be some instances as I just created them:

I tried changing the sorting configuration in the list view to various different attributes but nothing seems to work.

Anyone encountered something similar?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Subobject list error: Sorting by the column specified is not allowed.

Posted Dec 01, 2017 04:25 AM

Hi,

Web browser and version? Clarity version?

I saw this type of error in Firefox(whereas it worked in other browsers) when there is a date column.

The following error is from Clarity v14

FF_Clarity v14_date order error

In my case just changing the browser user agent (i.e Chrome 45), browsing to the page again, and the column sort was fine

• 3.  Re: Subobject list error: Sorting by the column specified is not allowed.

Posted Dec 01, 2017 05:33 AM

Hi,

This seems like the same error

We are on Clarity 15.2, and I was using Firefox. Just tried on IE 11 after reading your response, but the error was still there... I will try with Chrome now.

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Subobject list error: Sorting by the column specified is not allowed.
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 01, 2017 05:44 AM

Fixed!

There was something wrong with a lookup caption in the subobject that was strangely provoking this, I simply changed the visualizing attribute in the lookup and changed it back, and the error was gone.

Strange things!

• 5.  RE: Subobject list error: Sorting by the column specified is not allowed.

Posted May 02, 2022 07:52 AM
    I happened to face this issue once before when I deleted an attribute that was used as the sorting column.
    Please try flushing the System Caches to get rid of the error.

Girish