DX NetOps

• 1.  How to do pairwise trap configuration in spectrum

Posted Dec 01, 2017 06:26 AM

Suppose we have configured  a trap for a device and if that device is going down  we are getting a alert in our console saying that such and such node is down  after that  device went down in back-end it will poll all the agent which are present , suppose for the particular cause code we got another cause code which will cancel out each other , then the device will be back to normal state . So my question is how to do that kind of pairwise configuration and which policies we need to follow . 

• 2.  Re: How to do pairwise trap configuration in spectrum
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2017 09:38 AM

Hi,

My apologies but I’m not exactly sure what you are asking.  Are you asking how a trap alarm can be cleared by another alarm?  I’m assuming the term “cause code” means an alarm cause code, correct?

If so, this would be done with standard EVENT processing…

Both alarms are generated by events.  So what you would need to do is open ECEditor and find the second event that generates the second alarm. Select it and on the right hand side in the Alarm tab in the “Cleared Alarms” section select the “add” icon and enter in the pcause of the first event/alarm (you may also want to set the “generated alarm” on the second event to None, but that’s up to you).  If you set the second event to not generate an alarm, and you tell it to clear the first alarm, when this issue happens, you will get:  downtrap->event->alarm1->uptrap->event->clearalarm1.

Hope that helps

Jay

• 3.  Re: How to do pairwise trap configuration in spectrum

Posted Dec 01, 2017 10:51 AM

Yeah excatly my question was that what you said , it's very clear now . 

thanks .....

• 4.  Re: How to do pairwise trap configuration in spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2017 11:12 AM

Ok, great!  Glad to have helped  

Have a nice weekend.

Jay