Service Virtualization

• 1.  Can we simulate  database calls with .JSON RR pairs ?

Posted Dec 01, 2017 01:59 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Team,A client wants us to simulate a Database.For ex- some calls(POST) would end up in creating instances randomly in the DB and some calls(GET) to retrieve those instances.There are other calls as well such as PUT,PATCH etc.

The request response pairs given are in .JSON format.Attached are request response pairs for this service.

Is it possible to generate random instances based on various POST calls and store them somewhere,and when GET /instances to retrieve all those IDs.Is there any scripting work that we can work on to achieve this?

Attachment(s)

zip
    sample.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Can we simulate  database calls with .JSON RR pairs ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2017 05:31 PM

The customer opened support issue 00908194.

• 3.  Re: Can we simulate  database calls with .JSON RR pairs ?

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:04 PM

Hi Prema .I did try out generating a  random number in response from XML request response pairs.But,I was not able to put that random number in the file after doing a live test.But,when I added filter(Save property to a file) at Virtual HTTPS Responder and then ran filter to check the functionality,data went to the notepad file.But,when I tested the same using POSTMAN,the text file remained blank.I saved the file at {{LISA_RELATIVE_PROJ_ROOT}}/random_ID.txt location.

Please find screenshot.Can you suggest where I am missing

• 4.  Re: Can we simulate  database calls with .JSON RR pairs ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:29 PM

The path to the text file should be out side the project.