DX NetOps

• 1.  Functionality of both AlertMapfile and Event Display File

Posted Dec 04, 2017 07:10 AM

Hi,

How to check the Functionality of both AlertMapfile and Event Display file need to check by sending few sample alarms or snmp traps.Please provide the detailed process.

• 2.  Re: Functionality of both AlertMapfile and Event Display File
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2017 09:03 AM

Hello,

This section of Southbound Gateway - Case Study - provides the steps to map the trap and customize the event message.

Southbound Gateway Case Study - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: Functionality of both AlertMapfile and Event Display File

Posted Dec 12, 2017 10:43 AM

Hi,

I have followed the above link to create a south bound gateway demonstration and did some changes to AlertMap and EventDisp file. I have send a trap to oneclick console using snmptrap command,however it gives the trap but text string value couldn't be appeared in oneclick console.

snmptrap -v 1 -c public <source> enterprise oid <destination> 2 0 "TestEventModel"

In this example I want to print text "TestEventModel"  in oneclick console while sending the snmptrap.

How should I get the text string while sending the snmp trap.

Thanks,

Geetika

• 4.  Re: Functionality of both AlertMapfile and Event Display File

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2017 02:56 PM

Hi Geetika,

I would suggest to use the iReasoning MIB Browser tool where there is the Send Trap utility. It is a GUI based tool which is handy to send traps.

Then map the varbind to a CA Spectrum variable. And in the Event Message set to show the variable value.

Step 1. The AlertMap File - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Silvio