Test Data Manager

• 1.  How to maintain sequence for next run

Posted Dec 04, 2017 07:12 AM

Hi Team,

I am trying to generate data for volume testing, how can i make sequence continuation with first and second runs.

For example in first run i have generated 1 to 1000 sequence id's and in next run it should continue from 1001. Can you please suggest how can i achieve this.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: How to maintain sequence for next run

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2017 09:07 AM

Hi Gaurav,

You could create a sequence on the database and then use it in TDM using the function below to get the next value.

@nextval(sequence_name)@

You should set the sequence to start from 1 and increment by 1. The sequence will continue from where you left off each time you invoke the function.

Thanks,

Anil 

• 3.  Re: How to maintain sequence for next run

Posted Dec 04, 2017 11:44 PM

Hi Anil,

Thanks for you reply, In my case the db is in client environment where I shouldnt touch the db.Can we do it something from CA data maker tool?

Thanks,

Satish.

• 4.  Re: How to maintain sequence for next run

Posted Dec 05, 2017 12:57 AM

Hi Anil,

Sorry i missed to add one more, Here sequence what i am referring is not db sequence for example if i had a db column ID where their values are in sequence like A0001,A0002,A0003.....and so on, So in my first run the sequence is till A1000 then in second run my sequence has to start from A1001.

Thanks

• 5.  Re: How to maintain sequence for next run
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2017 11:09 AM

Gaurav,

You can create a sequence on the TDM repository database which you should have access to and need not be created on the client database. To achieve the sequence you need use a combination of functions along with the sequence like the below:

A@leftpad(@nextval(sequence_name)@,0,4)@

Thanks,

Anil