Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM Sample Data

Posted Dec 04, 2017 10:36 PM

I'm new to CA PPM and building data from scratch for OBS, entities, cost/rate matrix, etc. is not pretty straightforward to start working with Ideas, portfolios and projects etc. Just wanted to check if some sample data is available which I can upload in my CA PPM instance to go through the entire life-cycle from Idea to Project Completion? 

• 2.  Re: CA PPM Sample Data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2017 10:52 PM

Hi Nitika.s,

You can install the PMO Accelerator sample data to see and use examples of the functionality of CA PPM.

Please review the "(Optional) Install PMO Accelerator Sample Data" section in following document.

Important! Sample data is strictly for test or development environments. Do not install the sample data on your production CA PPM server. Installing the data on a CA PPM server that contains data can produce a failure, overwrite existing data, or both. After you install the sample data, you cannot remove it.

Install the PMO Accelerator Add-In and PMO Sample Data - CA PPM - 15.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thank you.

• 3.  Re: CA PPM Sample Data

Posted Dec 04, 2017 11:08 PM

Thanks a lot Shoichi for the information. Will try it out soon.

• 4.  Re: CA PPM Sample Data

Posted Dec 05, 2017 12:28 AM

According to the above shared document one of the prerequisites to install the PMO accelerator sample data is that the system currency should be USD. Unfortunately, I have set it up to INR. Is there some way to modify the system currency? As per this thread 4 years ago: https://communities.ca.com/message/100951082?commentID=100951082#comment-100951082 , it says it can't be changed. Is there any workaround?

• 5.  Re: CA PPM Sample Data
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2017 01:27 AM

Hi Nitika.s

If you configured Multi-Currency, you are able to change System currency.

If you configured Single-Currency, you need to enable Multi-Currency option.

I found the following knowledge but it is for PPM old version, so it maybe little bit difference from latest version.

How to change from a Single Currency setup to a Multi-Currency setup 

Thank you.

• 6.  Re: CA PPM Sample Data

Posted Dec 05, 2017 04:30 AM

Thank you so much for the information! Will try out the multi-currency set up and the PMO accelerator installation.

• 7.  Re: CA PPM Sample Data

Posted Dec 06, 2017 01:11 PM

We did a fresh installation of CA PPM and PMO accelerator. In Content Add-ins, Accelerator: Program Management Office add-in 15.3 is displayed as installed, but we still can't see the sample data for OBS, resources, projects, portfolios etc. Are we missing something here? Please help.

• 8.  Re: CA PPM Sample Data

Posted Dec 06, 2017 04:23 PM

Did you install only the add in or did you install also the demo data as detailed in

Install the PMO Accelerator Add-In and PMO Sample Data - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

issuing the command

admin content-demo csk

• 9.  Re: CA PPM Sample Data

Posted Dec 07, 2017 01:49 AM

Thanks for pointing it out. We had just installed the PMO Accelerator Add-in. Now, after following the steps under '(Optional) Install PMO Accelerator Sample Data' heading, the data is showing up perfectly.