Clarity

• 1.  Identifying Performance Issues with JasperSoft

Posted Dec 05, 2017 02:18 AM

We have a couple of custom JasperSoft reports which are directly accessing CA PPM (ie CA PPM BEAN).  We have recently upgraded to PM V15.3 which is now using Oracle V12, and these reports periodically run slow (ie up to 2 mins), where as the next time they are run it is down to seconds.

Potentially it is 'caching' on the JasperSoft objects or Database queries.

What 'performance' tools are you using to identify JasperSoft performance issues?

As an example, I've turned on Chrome WebDeveloper which identifies such items as 'Gecko' taking up 70%, if I expand on 'Gecko' it includes jquery.js and FusionCharts.  The drawback, there are three charts in this report, as well as 5 sub-reports, so making it challenging to work out which area needs to be reviewed.

What 'performance' tools are you using to identify JasperSoft performance issues?

• 2.  Re: Identifying Performance Issues with JasperSoft

Posted Dec 05, 2017 02:44 AM

Hi Roland,

I assume that you already have checked that the plain SQL queries are fast?

If yes, I would propose to run the reports in background regularly (with differen export formats) and check the exact execution time in the Jaspersoft database schema by the creation time stamps.

If you have any outcome, I would be glad if you could share

Regards

Georg

• 3.  Re: Identifying Performance Issues with JasperSoft

Posted Dec 05, 2017 03:07 AM

Hi Georg, the queries have been pulled out and run in separate database tools.  In addition, majority of the SQL queries are also used on Portlets where performance is also good.  

I should also note, we are on SaaS where JasperSoft is shared across all clients at a site, so though I like your thinking about auto-scheduling the challenged reports, I prefer not to add  additional pressure onto a shared resource, my preference is for the report to run consistently good.