Service Virtualization

• 1.  Unable to save recording for REST Services

Posted Dec 05, 2017 02:22 PM

I am trying to create VS image by recording method, after i active the recording, it is not showing any recorded steps in VS Image Recorder window

• 2.  Re: Unable to save recording for REST Services

Posted Dec 05, 2017 04:37 PM

Which DPHs, if any, did you configure?

Can you provide screen shots or upload a sample VSI/VSM?

If you upload anything, please remove any customer-specific or identifying information.

• 3.  Re: Unable to save recording for REST Services

Posted Dec 05, 2017 05:46 PM

• 4.  Re: Unable to save recording for REST Services

Posted Dec 05, 2017 05:56 PM

Based on your screenshot, the system-under-test (SUT), Postman, cURL, SoapUI, etc. should be sending a request to the server where the recorder is running with an endpoint of 8001. And, the recorder is forwarding that request to itself (localhost) on port 9090.

1) Has the SUT been changed to send the request to the IP or DNS name of the server or workstation where the recorder is running and listening on 8001?

2) Does the server / workstation where the recorder is running also host the provider application where the provider application is listening on port 9090?

If you have access, refer to DocOps for: 

Create Virtual Services by Recording - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation  

Virtualize Services by Recording (HTTP or HTTP/S) - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation  

• 5.  Re: Unable to save recording for REST Services
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 12, 2017 06:49 AM

I could see from this image that Target Host is given as "locaHost". If your are trying to record a real webservice or an API transaction then you need to give the "IP address" of the webservice or the API.

Example:

Real Service End point: http://walmat.cust.details:1254/API/Retail

Recorder need to be set up as follows.

Target Host: walmat.cust.details

Target Port: 1254

Listen Port: 7896 (any Number)

Now you need to post the transactions using below URL for the DevTest to capture the transactions.

http://localHost:7896/API/Retail