Service Virtualization

• 1.  Unable to publish a message to topic

Posted Dec 05, 2017 07:56 PM

Hi I am trying to publish a message to a topic.

Version: Devtest 8.2.0

Step: JMS Send and receive

Steps I have done

JMS Send

1. Click Add Assest
    2. Class: JMS Topic
    3. Topic Name: jms.topic.eventTopic
    4. Configured the JMS session(Success: class weblogic.jms.client.JMSConnectionFactory) - Its giving me the success Message.

So when I test the JMS Send step Its giving me the below Exception

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verifying Asset
    Autopopulated JMS Session with JMS Connection (JMS Session)
    Opening JNDI context with URL: {{url}}
    Performing JNDI lookup with name: weblogic.jms.topicConnectionFactory
    Creating JMS Topic Connection
    Starting JMS Connection
    Creating JMS Topic Session
    Opening JMS Topic weblogic.jms.topic.eventTopic
    Closing JMS Session
    Stopping JMS Connection
    Closing JMS Connection
    Error: Error creating topic EventTopic: [JMSExceptions:045101]The destination name passed to createTopic or createQueue "weblogic.jms.topic.eventTopic" is invalid. If the destination name does not contain a "/" character then it must be the name of a distributed destination that is available in the cluster to which the client is attached. If it does contain a "/" character then the string before the "/" must be the name of a JMSServer or a ".". The string after the "/" is the name of a the desired destination. If the "./" version of the string is used then any destination with the given name on the local WLS server will be returned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also that topic has Durable Subscribers with a selector (Example Format test='testMsg'). I think it filters and sends it to corresponding queues. So I am not sure where keep it as input while sending the message.

Can you please guide me If I have to do any additional steps or Let me know if I am doing completely wrong.

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Unable to publish a message to topic

Posted Dec 06, 2017 10:48 AM

Hi,

Please go through the following this might help you.

JMS Client Assets - DevTest Solutions - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Vish

• 3.  Re: Unable to publish a message to topic

Posted Dec 06, 2017 01:55 PM

Hi,

The above link was so helpful.

Thank you

• 4.  Re: Unable to publish a message to topic

Posted Dec 06, 2017 12:23 PM

I'm not a Websphere expert, but I have two guesses.

1. You've been given the JNDI name of the Topic.  This requires you to use the 'JNDI JMS Topic' asset class instead of the 'JMS Topic' one.  You can make the switch easily by editing your Queue asset, finding the gear button beside 'JMS Topic', and Selecting 'JNDI JMS Topic':

2. You have to use the 'JMS Topic' asset class, but the topic name you've been given is incomplete.  The full format is '<JMS Server Name>/<Module Name>!<Queue name>', where '<JMS Server Name>' is the name of the particular JMS server configured within Websphere, '<Module Name>' is the name of the Module within that JMS Server, and '<Queue Name>' is the queue name you've been given.  For example: 'weblogicJmsComponent:topic:TestJMSServer/TestJMSModule!weblogic.jms.topic.eventTopic'

• 5.  Re: Unable to publish a message to topic
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 06, 2017 01:57 PM

Hi Kevin,

I followed the second method that you have suggested and its working fine now.

Thank you