CA Service Management

• 1.  How to force recalculation of SLA on new holiday?

Posted Dec 06, 2017 10:38 AM

Hi guys, exist some way to force this recalculation?, this friday (dec 8) it's holiday but we forgot to set into the workshift before. I did it today, so, how i can be sure that no tickets will expire on that day?

best regards,

Fabian

• 2.  Re: How to force recalculation of SLA on new holiday?

Posted Dec 06, 2017 11:37 AM

Hi Fabian - I am not sure that there is a way to trigger a re-calculation as the SLAs are already in the animator to fire at a specific time (which was picked up before you changed the workshift).  I dont know of a way to have it recalculate that or update those fire-times based on the new workshift.  

Anyone else have an idea here?  Chi_Chen?

• 3.  Re: How to force recalculation of SLA on new holiday?

Posted Dec 06, 2017 01:46 PM

Now i'am delaying and resuming the service type on every ticket...after that the system recalculate excluding dic 8. But we have a lot of ticket with the same problem. So a massive update will be great.

regards,

Fabian

• 4.  Re: How to force recalculation of SLA on new holiday?

Posted Dec 06, 2017 03:43 PM

I dont think there is  a way to do that in a batch - the reason is that its the act of hitting the "save" button which is triggering that update and recalculation.  There is no way to do that in mass

• 5.  Re: How to force recalculation of SLA on new holiday?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2017 04:57 PM

Fabian, I have a very "extreme" idea...not tested here yet so if you think about doing it please  try and test it in a test env before 12/8/2017/Friday...stop the animator when the time comes:

--rename animator_nxd.exe in the \bin folder. for example, to 12-8-2017-animator_nxd.exe

--when 12/8/2017 comes(meaning midnight), manually kill animator_nxd in the task manager

--when 12/9/2017 comes(meaning midnight), rename 12-8-2017-animator_nxd.exe back to animator_nxd.exe

and run "pdm_d_refresh"

this idea is so extreme that only after you can't find any other way to do it and only after you test it in a test env and don't see major problems. Any idea may be better than no idea(lol). Thanks _Chi

• 6.  Re: How to force recalculation of SLA on new holiday?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2018 04:18 PM

Hi Fabian, were you able to test out Chi's idea?

If it did work would you be able to mark his response as correct?

If not as Jon mentioned unfortunately it doesn't look like there is a way to do this in batch.

Thanks,

Scott