CA Service Management

• 1.  Cancelling workflow task (cr_wf)

Posted Dec 06, 2017 08:56 AM

Hi guys,

When I try to switch the status of workflow task (cr_wf) I receive this error message.

How can I cancel a workflow switching the status manually?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Cancelling workflow task (cr_wf)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi Thiago,

Do you see any error in stdlog when the error appear in the front end?  It may have more detail about the error.

Before you want to cancel a workflow task, you need to consider the following questions.
    Do you have any workflow task after this current task?  What happen for those workflow tasks or are they also cancelled?
    If the current workflow task is cancelled, do the sub sequence workflow tasks depend on the current task?
    As the workflow task is cancelled, is the change order no longer required and change order should cancel and then close?
    If yes, you can change the Status of the Change Order to Cancelled. Verify whether the workflow cancel out. There is chance the change order not allowed to cancel or close when there is incomplete task. It depends on your setting in Service Desk.

Regards,

Derek

• 3.  Re: Cancelling workflow task (cr_wf)

Posted Dec 06, 2017 01:09 PM

Hi Chun, thanks for your time.

Yes, there's others tasks, but they aren't in a sequence.

When I create a Request, 10 Tasks are attached to the ticket, what I need to do is cancel one of them, but when I try it, I receive that error message.

• 4.  Re: Cancelling workflow task (cr_wf)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2017 09:54 AM

Hi Thiago,

What is the task status when you try to cancelled?  Is task in Wait status?

The Deletable is No according to the task screen shot. If you changed to Yes, right click of that task in the Change Order Workflow Tasks tab would have Delete selection when you are Administrator. Then, you can delete even the task status is in Wait.
    Since the change order is already have that workflow task in place, the task Deletable has chance not take effect which no delete option when you right click the task. In this situation, as administrator you may need to approve the task when it is in pending status in order to move on. Put a note/comment when you approve it.

• 5.  Re: Cancelling workflow task (cr_wf)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2017 12:32 PM

Thiago, sorry I can't read the language so it is a bit hard to see what was happening. For something like this, I would

recommend open a Support case and CA local Support will help. Thanks _Chi