CA Service Management

• 1.  Issue with Mobile Application

Posted Dec 06, 2017 09:41 AM

Hello Team

We have issue to create ticket from mobile applciation (casm)

we have 3 custom fields on Incident form on sdm gui. attribute name is like below

1. z_site (this is srel (SITE)) this is for list of Branches to select

2.z_phone (Text box for phone number)

3.z_phone_ip ( Text Box for IP phone)

we added these attribute thru Mobile Attributes  option to show on mobile application. ALso we added Request Area thru Mobile Attributes. All the fields are showing perfect . But when we create ticket. Its giving Error "required attribute request area missing"

Initially we thought that something problem with Request Area field. But its not like that..

We are able to create Ticket from mobile application if we leave blank these 2 fields.... z_phone & z_phone_ip field. 

But when we put number in these fields then error come up "required attribute request area missing"

What could be issue?

• 2.  Re: Issue with Mobile Application

Posted Dec 06, 2017 11:18 AM

Aamir,

Do you have any custom code in place that has dependencies on those fields?  Such that those fields are hidden if the category/request area is not "x"...  Or are those fields present on EVERY ticket regardless of the request area chosen?  OR do you have any spelcode that is verifying that if those two fields are filled in, that the request area has to be set to something specific?

Seems like spelcode to me...but not sure.

Jon

• 3.  Re: Issue with Mobile Application

Posted Dec 07, 2017 02:33 AM

Hi Jon

There is no spelcode  And those custom fields are only for Incident TIckets.

• 4.  Re: Issue with Mobile Application

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2017 10:27 PM

Hey Aamir,

A few questions - what version of the app are you using,   what role and finally, what version of SDM?

We had some oddities like this with affected_end_user with 3.1.11 I think..

thx

_R

• 5.  Re: Issue with Mobile Application

Posted Dec 07, 2017 02:38 AM

Hi Raghu

The latest version i downloaded from play store 2 days back. The Role of the user to login is Analyst. and we are on SDM 17.

One thing more apart from this issue, 

Why there is no access to EMployee role users to create tickets from mobile application..any reason?

• 6.  Re: Issue with Mobile Application
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2017 09:50 AM

Hey Aamir,

I think that goes to the issue that we already alerted the community/userbase about : *** Alert - Known Issue with Mobile Application connecting to SDM 17.0 *** 

_R