Symantec Access Management

• 1.  I have a doubt respect CA Site Minder

Posted Dec 06, 2017 04:28 PM

I have two enviroments with CA IDM and CA SITE MINDER, on the production environment I have the next issue, when any external user try enter the portal the site minder request the autenthication and the user get Access the portal, but when the user try enter a specific link (update data) to change personal data the site minder again request the autenthication, and the QA environment this does not occur, we think the CA SITE MINDER lose the cookie where the autentication is save.

Does anyone know how we can correct this issue?

Regards

Enrique

• 2.  Re: I have a doubt respect CA Site Minder
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2017 06:56 PM

Hi Enrique,

Is the "update data" Link opened in a new Window or Frame and the browser is not sharing cookies?

The best method to determine what is causing the re-prompt is to open a case with CA Single Sign On Support , reproduce the issue with Fiddler at the Browser, and then upload to the new case the Agent Log and trace Files for the Agent protecting the resource and the Agent serving as the Credential Collector, and CookieProvider if configured, along with the Policy Server SMPS.log and Profiler output and the Fiddler output in ".saz" format showing the initial Login and the subsequent failed request for the "update date" link.

This will allow Support to review the Fiddler output to verify the Cookies being presented and set on these requests, and to review the logs to determine why the Authenticated User would need to be re-Authenticated on the subsequent request for the "update data" link.

Thanks,

Rick Burnham

• 3.  Re: I have a doubt respect CA Site Minder

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2017 07:06 PM

If you are protecting multiple domains  ( url belong to different domains) using same siteminder instance, you need to configure cookie provider.  If you are not using session storage and window context generated by supported siteminder auth scheme your browser holds the SM session id after authentication. Hence verify the realm and response data associated with URLs you are trying to access within a same SSO session.