CA Client Automation

• 1.  DSM Report ( software usage report )

Posted Dec 07, 2017 07:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hi.

When generating a report of use of microsoft project does not bring any information. the configuration is attached. Can someone help me?

Best regards.

• 2.  Re: DSM Report ( software usage report )
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2017 02:55 AM

Hi,

Could you please check some points?

1. Please check if collect task using "Software usage" type is existed for servers which you want to report, and the task monitors Microsoft Project.

2. Please check if Start/Stop time are recorded under [Software] > [Usage].

Despite you configured collect task, if you cannot find any records in Usage, you may need to add software signature to monitor your applications.

Note: How to Create a Custom Software Signature - CA Client Automation - 14.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 
    3. If Reporter cannot work despite you can use Software Usage properly, please check you Client Automation version.
      There are some known problems on 14.0 or 14.0 SP1 regarding Software Usage and DSM Reporter. So, I recommend to apply 14.0 SP2.  If you use earlier version, please open a support case.

I verified to generate following report using Client Automation 14.0 SP2.

If this reply has correctly answered your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button so others can benefit from this information.

Regards

Yas

• 3.  Re: DSM Report ( software usage report )

Posted Dec 12, 2017 08:14 AM

Hi
        I created a collection task for "Microsoft Office Project 2007 Professional Edition SP3 x86 32 EN", it is necessary to create signature software for the report to generate.

• 4.  Re: DSM Report ( software usage report )

Posted Dec 12, 2017 08:15 AM

Hi
        I created a collection task for "Microsoft Office Project 2007 Professional Edition SP3 x86 32 EN", it is necessary to create signature software for the report to generate.

• 5.  Re: DSM Report ( software usage report )

Posted Dec 12, 2017 08:20 AM

o "OK" tem que estar 100%? e o "esperando" 0%?

• 6.  Re: DSM Report ( software usage report )

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2017 08:31 PM

Hi,

"Waiting" means that new collect configuration is not applied to some of agents yet. The reason may be Power off or Not running CAF service on these agents. 

By the way, Software Usage takes system resources on agents constantly. So, I recommend to unlink the collect task after reporting, or apply to small group instead of "All Computers".

Regards

Yas

• 7.  Re: DSM Report ( software usage report )

Posted Dec 18, 2017 08:40 AM

Hi

I created a category "Microsoft Project" there are all versions of Project, how do I create the usage report?
    Kind regards.

Note: I still do not know how to create (Dummy). help me.

• 8.  Re: DSM Report ( software usage report )

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2017 09:49 PM

Hi,

Software Usage can be collected for each software packages instead of software categories.

If you want to report MS Project family, you can use filter on your report.

For example,

1. Open DSM Reporter.
    2. Select [Create Copy], and then coped report template will be created under same folder. This example is 14 days report.
    3. Click copied report and Select [Properties].
    4. Update [Name] for the report.
    5. Select [Filter] tab and Set a filter like following.
      Check [Enable this filter for all new results].
      Click [OK] to save.
    6. Select [Run Report], and then You can see the filtered list.

You can custom report definition if you want. For example, you can get the report with HTML format. 

If you want to change the reporting period, you can change it when selecting fields.

I hope my example helps you.

Cheers

Yas

• 9.  Re: DSM Report ( software usage report )

Posted Dec 19, 2017 07:41 AM

Hi

I believe it is another problem because it is not generating any information, it follows all my step by step.

1-  Tab General 

2 - Tab Query

3 - Tab Fields

4 - Tab Filter

5 -  Tab Default View

6 - Run Report

Sorry to be working because I have this demand very urgently my management is on top of me.

Best regards

• 10.  Re: DSM Report ( software usage report )

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2017 12:16 AM

Hi,

I'm sorry that I may confuse you.

I don't have MS Project on my box, so I'm using dummy executable file to take my screenshots.

It seems MS Project was detected as "Microsoft Office Project" on your environment, so you should set "Microsoft Office Project %" instead of "Microsoft Project %". Or try to remove the filter once.

From your screenshot: 

If you cannot get necessary report after changing the filter, please contact CA Support. If possible, we can use WebEx to investigate quickly.

Thanks

Yas