Rally Software

• 1.  Portfolio Item Timeline Show Planned Estimate rather than Story Count?

Posted Dec 07, 2017 12:52 PM

How can I get Portfolio Item Timeline to by default show Percent Done by Planned Estimate rather than by Story Count? The planned estimate is more accurate in my organization, and would make it easier to screen cap and send to stakeholders.

• 2.  Re: Portfolio Item Timeline Show Planned Estimate rather than Story Count?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 07, 2017 02:14 PM

I think that you'll find the app at the link below to give you a bit more flexibility in configuring and displaying your timeline, including basing the completion percentage on points. Props to antni02 for the cool app. Hope that helps.

GitHub - RallyCommunity/TimeLine 

• 3.  Re: Portfolio Item Timeline Show Planned Estimate rather than Story Count?

Posted Dec 08, 2017 09:23 AM

EricNash

Thanks for the suggestion! This app seems to be what I was looking for. However, the only custom apps I've ever used, were simple copy and paste codes into a Custom HTML on Agile Central. That doesn't seem to be the case with this one. Are there any guides on how to add this app to my dashboard?

• 4.  Re: Portfolio Item Timeline Show Planned Estimate rather than Story Count?

Posted Dec 08, 2017 09:32 AM

FarzaanH,

This is the same, you will just need to get to the deploy folder to find the HTML.  It is here:

TimeLine/App.html at master · RallyCommunity/TimeLine · GitHub 

You can copy and paste that into a Custom HTML page.

Glad Eric's reply helped!  If you would, please mark it as correct.

Thank you.

Michael

• 5.  Re: Portfolio Item Timeline Show Planned Estimate rather than Story Count?

Posted Dec 08, 2017 09:32 AM

Hi Farzaan;

This is just like the apps that you're used to. Just copy/paste the code from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RallyCommunity/TimeLine/master/deploy/App.html  into a Custom HTML app and then use App Settings to configure. Hope that helps.