AnsweredAssumed Answered

CA Directory : Query regarding MW Group replication

Question asked by Dhi1ip on Dec 8, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2017 by hanba02

Hi,

I need a clarification regarding MW Group replication. Assume that I have two MW groups with six servers in each group (MW GROUP HUB is already set in both groups). If I want to replicate these two groups, which approach should I follow?

Approach 1:

• Each server should have dxc file of all the other servers (including other group servers) which needs to be replicated. - 12, in this case

Approach 2:

• Servers (which are not a HUB) should have dxc file of all the other servers (including HUB) in the same group which needs to be replicated. - 6, in this case
  • Servers (which are HUB) should have dxc file of all the other servers in the same group which needs to be replicated as well as HUB server detail of the other group(s) which needs to be replicated - 7, in this case

1. If I have to follow approach 1, I would like to know why we have to add details of all servers (including other group servers) as only the HUB (of other group) will be used for replication? Is there any limitation or drawback with approach 2?
  2. If I have to follow approach 2,  is there any limitation or drawback with approach 1 (I hope  it's not)?

Thanks,

Dhilip

Outcomes