DX NetOps

• 1.  Monitoring of Microft Cloud machines in CA Spectrum.

Posted Dec 08, 2017 05:08 AM

Hello Everyone,

We want to monitor and generate tickets for MS Cloud Azure Machine through Spectrum and CA SDM respectively.

We have Spectrum integrated with CA SDM in our environment.

Doubts:-

1.Is UIM required for creation of tickets?

2. Can we monitor through Spectrum and tickets generation through CA SDM?

3.What are the prerequisites for achieving this from Spectrum and CA SDM only.

4.If anyone configured this before ,kindly share the docs.

Regards

Sandeep kr.

• 2.  Re: Monitoring of Microft Cloud machines in CA Spectrum.
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 08, 2017 05:52 AM

Hi,

1. You don't absolutely need UIM to do this, but UIM could bring you more granularity in the monitoring.

2. Yes, you can do at least "pingable", and if you have an SNMP agent on server, you can do a bit more (like basic CPU, Memory and FS monitoring). If you use the NIM integration you can have a "create ticket" option from a contextual click on an alarm in Spectrum.

3. You need to have the Service Desk integration between Spectrum and SDM turned on, and that's more or less all for basic steps. The Spectrum documentation available on docops.ca.com would give you the standard integration feature. I suggest you have a look to see if that fits the need.

4. docops.ca.com is your best friend!

Best regards,

Christophe

• 3.  Re: Monitoring of Microft Cloud machines in CA Spectrum.

Posted Dec 08, 2017 07:32 AM

Thank you for the information Christophe.

Tell me one thing is it possible to integrate spectrum with SCOM  for monitoring and ticket creation.

Regards

Sandeep kr

• 4.  Re: Monitoring of Microft Cloud machines in CA Spectrum.

Posted Dec 08, 2017 07:40 AM

Hi Sandeep,

Yes, you should be able if Spectrum displays the information. Refer the below link please:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2-2/en/integrating/microsoft-mom-and-scom

• 5.  Re: Monitoring of Microft Cloud machines in CA Spectrum.

Posted Dec 17, 2017 08:14 AM

Thank you Sirha02, I have managed to integrate SCOM with Spectrum and getting alerts in Spectrum but in my current environment we are already monitoring Network devices which is having SLA and priority in CA SDM for auto ticket creation.
    After integrating Spectrum with SCOM which is also having different SLA and priority for automatice ticket creation in CA SDM from my existing setup.

Doubts
    1.How to manage ticket creation for new devices for SCOM and Spectrum integration as it is having diffrent SLA and priority from existing?

2.Can we create two different template for existing and new integration(SCOM and spectrum)?

3.Is there any way to segregate alarms for ticket creation from two diffrent sources?

Regards
    Sandeep kr.

• 6.  Re: Monitoring of Microft Cloud machines in CA Spectrum.

Posted Dec 17, 2017 09:33 AM

Hi Sandeep,

My pleasure  - see if the below helps you:

How To Integrate Spectrum With Service Desk Ticket Templates 

• 7.  Re: Monitoring of Microft Cloud machines in CA Spectrum.

Posted Dec 17, 2017 08:13 AM

Thank you Christophe, I have managed to integrate SCOM with Spectrum and getting alerts in Spectrum but in my current environment we are already monitoring Network devices which is having SLA and priority in CA SDM for auto ticket creation.
    After integrating Spectrum with SCOM which is also having different SLA and priority for automatice ticket creation in CA SDM from my existing setup.

Doubts
    1.How to manage ticket creation for new devices for SCOM and Spectrum integration as it is having diffrent SLA and priority from existing?

2.Can we create two different template for existing and new integration(SCOM and spectrum)?

3.Is there any way to segregate alarms for ticket creation from two diffrent sources?

Regards
    Sandeep kr.